Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quartz 7 & Shower Mate Problem

• 21-10-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Need Help big time! :(

Living in an apartment with a shower mate pump which pumps water to taps, toilets & showers. My hot water is controlled via a quartz E7 controller panel (the one with the overnight heat option with two hour boost facility)

Of late my power keeps tripping. i cant put the water to heat on overnight as it keeps tripping out the trip switch immediately. I have been using the 2 hour boost facility to heat my water but when this is on i cant run a tap or flush a toilet without tripping out the whole system.

I have had a number of electricians/plumbers out to try and fix the problem but to no avail. i have replaced the thermostat, both the top and bottom heating element in the water tank and it appears my pump and control panel are working fine.

the electricity board is new enough and i have been told by one of the electricians it is not a problem there.

Any ideas would be appreciated as im lost and costing me a fortune on electricians / plumbers who cant fix it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 smile!

also i have also found that if i turn the temp down on the elements to the lowest it doesn't trip but once i turn it up to even 20% it trips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭whizbang

you dont seem sure if its the pump thats tripping or something else.
    disconnect both Live and Neutral of the pump wiring as far up the supply as possible and try again.
    look at all the tiniest leaks and where the water ends up.
    -did u replace the wiring when you were replacing elements? do that anyway.

Ill put money on water getting in somewhere it shouldnt.

Advertisement