Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evelash and Eye brow tint?

• 21-10-2011 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

How long do these treatments last? Do you have to be careful with them. Is there a good range of tints to choose from.

Whats it like getting it done. What would be the major things to look out for.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

They normally leave the tint on for about 10 minutes and I guess you need to allow 5 to 10 mins either side for applying and removing. There are a few shades I normally get Blue black it gives a lovely dark tint (only on my lashes not sure what it would be like on eyebrows :rolleyes:) There are black and brown shades also I'm not sure about anything fairer as I have dark hair and brows so wouldn't be looking a lighter colours. Things to look out for - I guess a test if you haven't had it done before you should have a test patch done. Also time its left on, if it starts to sting let someone know, normally they pop in to check on you although a friend in London was left for app 40 mins once and began to call 'hello' and 'help' before they came back but that was a once off and the worst story I've heard. It gives a lovely effect to your eyes and I don't need to wear mascara for a while after. I don't really know how long it lasts its hard to say 4 weeks I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

I have really blonde lashes so i get blue black. It lasts about three weeks for me. I would still wear mascara for going out even with tint done.

Eyebrows are done brown, my beautician usually does it and then wipes it off to check colour and adds it again if it is too light.
    Best to get it done in the eve when you have no plans as you can look a bit mad after (maybe that only after getting eyebrow wax done at same time which i do)

if you getting wax done that should be done after the tinting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Don't bother wasting your time getting your eyebrows professionally tinted. I did for years, til I realised that if I bought one of those small bottles of nice 'n easy which people use for dying their roots in light brown, it's just as good. Put vaseline around the outside of your brow, put on the dye using a q-tip, leave it for 10-15 minutes and tah dah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Whatever about tinting your brows yourself I would strongly advise to NOT leave tint on brows for more than a minute, brow hair (and lashes) is very different from the hair on your head. Theres a reason why a professional will put the tint on brow, and swipe it off straight away- because the brows take tint very fast. Unless you want black brows, or very very dark brows then I would either get a tint kit from boots or go to a salon. Plus the peroxide/colour mix in hair dye is very strong, I wouldnt put that near my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Jennypops wrote: »
    Whatever about tinting your brows yourself I would strongly advise to NOT leave tint on brows for more than a minute, brow hair (and lashes) is very different from the hair on your head. Theres a reason why a professional will put the tint on brow, and swipe it off straight away- because the brows take tint very fast. Unless you want black brows, or very very dark brows then I would either get a tint kit from boots or go to a salon. Plus the peroxide/colour mix in hair dye is very strong, I wouldnt put that near my eyes.

That's convinced me!
    Any advice on tint kits? I'm looking for one to make my blond brows slightly darker.

• Advertisement

Im sure theres lot of people who dye their brows with hair dye and it works for them, Im not knocking anyones choices but its something I would just be extremely careful with.
    Boots do tint kits, to be honest its not as good as a professional product as the mix is not as strong etc, but try it- get a light brown one and literally push it through the brows and then wipe it off..if you want it a bit darker then go over it again. ensure to wipe it off with damp cotton discs, dye will continue to develop and darken if not removed fully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Jennypops wrote: »

You need much longer than a minute if you're using the semi-permanent hair dye kits I just mentioned. I have completely blonde eyebrows, and need to leave the dye on for a minimum of 10 minutes, usually 15

Id still rather not have strong chemicals sitting on the thin skin around my eyes absorbing the chemicals for 15 minutes, never mind the risk of it going into eyes etc.. Id bet a tint kit on boots is as cheap as hair dye, if not cheaper and Id recommend people stick to something formulated for use on particular areas.
    Great that you have a good result, just be careful with using such strong products on your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Thanks everyone!

I have very fair eyebrows/lashes and I would like them to be more defined. The hair on my head is mid brown but gets a lot of highlights in the summer.

Advertisement