Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deodorant

• 21-10-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

This is a bit embassing but here goes...

Does anyone else have the problem that after a couple of months use, their deodorant stops working? I have worked my way though every brand on the market at this stage. I have been using a Mitchum roll on and found it great but recently have been getting that uncomfortable clammy feeling and i am terrified that I smell.

Can anyone help me out? Which brand should I get that will work.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    This is a bit embassing but here goes...

Does anyone else have the problem that after a couple of months use, their deodorant stops working? I have worked my way though every brand on the market at this stage. I have been using a Mitchum roll on and found it great but recently have been getting that uncomfortable clammy feeling and i am terrified that I smell.

Can anyone help me out? Which brand should I get that will work.

Thanks in advance.

I always used Sure but they seem to have changed the formula and I noticed it was starting to let me after a long day.:(

I've started using Sanex and I'm very happy with that - I'm using the aerosol - even at the end of a long, hot day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

This happens to me too - I know some people who have been using the same deodorant brand for years and they say it works brilliant but I find after a while I usually start getting a bit sticky and gross so have to change brand (and this solves the problem!).

I find that stick ones are the best for me, then spray and I avoid roll ons at all cost (just don't like the stickiness the leave). Stick deodorants leave a thin layer of wax on your skin that you cannot feel after a few minutes and they keep you super dry and fresh.

Just make sure that you are always buying an antiperspirant and not just a deodorant because they won't stop you sweating, all they so is make you smell nice for a little while (I found this out the hard way!). Also, I know someone who had really bad problems with sweating (I mean really bad - poor woman couldn't wear certain clothes, was applying deodorant several times a day, sometimes had to change her top during the day etc.) and they used a special antiperspirant from the pharmacy (Boots) for problem perspiration which worked really well. She put it on at night, showered it off in the morning and used a normal antiperspirant for the day time - worked wonders, really dramatic difference. Worth a try if you are having bad problems with sweating!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Its not that I have any problems with sweating, its just that its so horrible to feel wet and sticky!!
    Oh well, I think i'll just have to find a brand that i haven't tried. Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem though.

Advertisement