Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etihad or Emirates

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

€1520 for two pax flying Dublin to Brisbane one way March 2014 anyone got any better prices than this. Or does this sound like a good offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Does it have to be Emirates or Etihad? According to the month long seach here the cheapest is Aer Lingus and Malaysian (stop in London and Kuala Lumpur) at €571 per person.

An extra stop but depending on the routing its quicker (26.5 hrs vs 31hrs 45 min with Emirates)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Rascasse wrote: »
    Does it have to be Emirates or Etihad? According to the month long seach here the cheapest is Aer Lingus and Malaysian (stop in London and Kuala Lumpur) at €571 per person.

An extra stop but depending on the routing its quicker (26.5 hrs vs 31hrs 45 min with Emirates)

Is this site accurate? I was looking at it yesterday for my Dublin to Vietnam flights. It was suggesting I could go via Heatrow then Malaysian Airlines via Kuala Lumpar for €710. But when i tried to book it I couldn't, and Malaysian Airlines website they wanted £890 for Heathrow to Vietnam.

Anyway I pulled the trigger on the Etihad flights for €685, booked yesterday. But got an email today advising a change of schedule, stop-over is now only 1hr!! Won't be telling the GF about that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Is this site accurate? I was looking at it yesterday for my Dublin to Vietnam flights. It was suggesting I could go via Heatrow then Malaysian Airlines via Kuala Lumpar for €710. But when i tried to book it I couldn't, and Malaysian Airlines website they wanted £890 for Heathrow to Vietnam.

Anyway I pulled the trigger on the Etihad flights for €685, booked yesterday. But got an email today advising a change of schedule, stop-over is now only 1hr!! Won't be telling the GF about that!!

Yes it searches all available fares but some will only be available from certain reservation systems. For example the fare to Brisbane is available on BudgetAir.ie but not on Expedia.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Thanks guys for the suggestions had used skyscanner but was looking for least stops etc will keep an eye on them for the next while. Liked the emirates flight times etc but have notices Malaysian Airlines is a bit cheaper. Has anyone flown with them? Will emirates go any cheaper

• Advertisement
Advertisement