Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTV unplugged....20 years previous

Options
  • 22-10-2011 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭

just watching Neil Young 1971 TV studio concert ....actually before he recorded Harvest.....brought back memories of Kurt Cobain's great MTV unplugged...over 20 years later....

not sure what point I'm mak'in...maybe *just say'in*:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Its a good point though, nice one chief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

longshanks wrote: »
    Its a good point though, nice one chief.
    ....tanks...:)

woz probably more excited about seeing NY playing a gig with songs he laid down on track ....before he actually recorded Harvest...than i woz bout anything else....but just struck me how "MTV unpluged..ish" it was....I'm sure someone will show me threads here where this is discussed already...but was an eye opener for me though...thought it pretty cool...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I enjoyed his MTV Unplugged set. He gave a great performance!!

Heres the setlist, must give this a spin today!
    1. Old Laughing Lady
    2. Mr. Soul
    3. World on a String
    4. Pocahontas
    5. Stringman
    6. Like a Hurricane
    7. Needle and the Damage Done
    8. Helpless
    9. Harvest Moon
    10. Transformer Man
    11. Unknown Legend
    12. Look Out for My Love
    13. Long May You Run
    14. From Hank to Hendrix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Pity about the retard that's whooping and hollering all the way through The Needle and the Damage Done on Unplugged. As Q magazine said at the time, given the strength of the set, his idiocy should haunt him for years. I don't like the Harvest Moon songs, but they are nicely counterbalanced by Stringman, Transformer Man and Like a Hurricane.
    I've noticed that the BBC Four repeats of that archive Neil Young performance are edited. There is a longer version that they broadcast on BBC2 when Sleeps With Angels was released, and there's much more talking on it. Shame they have to cut it, presumably for time constraints.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

do they still do the unplugged series or has it been replaced with those idiotic reality shows?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭WinstonOno

mtv unplugged did have some amazing performances on it, dont think they do it anymore, which is a shame. this verve performance is one of the best i've ever seen on the unplugged series(although not technically unplugged). nicks guitar playing in this is the reason i picked up a guitar, absolutely amazing

Well, with so much electronic music mainstream these days and those horrible auto-tune vocals, it wouldn't really be the same :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Yeah they still do it, so far I've seen Korn, 30 seconds to mars and Paramore. The only good one was Korn, Paramore and 30stm were pretty uninteresting.. Just doesn't have the same feel to it like AIC, Nirvana etc did.

Advertisement