Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New eGo-C system ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Smoktec are already making their wick plates like this;

http://www.smoktech.com/ego-tank/joye-ego-tank/smoktech-ego-tank/ego-tank-e-cig/smoktech-ego-t.aspx

I've personally never had an issue with ego wick plates - they're very easy to remove and clean. I really think Ovale should be concentrating on making a variable voltage version which I believe Joytech are doing right at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Jaysus they fairly went to town on that advert.

"The you that you've never known" with production that looks like something out of the matrix. It's an atomiser ffs! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I've personally never had an issue with ego wick plates - they're very easy to remove and clean.[/QUOTE]

How do you remove them? I managed to get two out but broke the spike on both. I've used all sorts of hooks, curved scissors, dental picks, etc.

I use pliers to pull up the wick plate - here's the original tutorial that I saw;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofttKd2CEtc

The most important thing to remember is to put the wick plate back in properly - you'll hear a click when it goes back in, if you get a burnt taste then you have to remove the plate and make sure it's seated properly and this could take a few attempts.
    When you've done this a couple of times it's really quite easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Iv removed mine [type A,B and 510T] a good few time but the week point for me
    is the wick its self. after a while it just goes to bits.

Made a few new wicks out of the rope from some old clearomizers and
    the metel mesh but they dont work aswell.

I would be very happy if i could buy a bag of say 20 wicks even at €1 a pop
    id get them as its the only fault i have with the ego

• Advertisement

That's something I forgot to add - I burn the wick plate over the cooker until the wick glows red. You don't have to touch the wick by doing this, within a couple of minutes the wick is white again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭ROFLcopter

Looks good, no sign of it on the Joytech site yet. Is this this going to make the atty's cheaper? It looks like direct competition against dual coil carto's, in price maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

mrplop wrote: »
    I use pliers to pull up the wick plate - here's the original tutorial that I saw;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofttKd2CEtc

The most important thing to remember is to put the wick plate back in properly - you'll hear a click when it goes back in, if you get a burnt taste then you have to remove the plate and make sure it's seated properly and this could take a few attempts.
    When you've done this a couple of times it's really quite easy.

Thanks for that, revived two attys that now taste as good as new. I just stuck the spike in the tank and the plate goes in easily that way.

Advertisement