Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking numbers from ringing/texting

Options
  • 22-10-2011 3:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to block a number from ringing you/texting you or do you have to ring meteor up to do it, friend just asked me and I'm 90% sure you've to ring meteor to do it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

According to Meteor's website you can request incoming text messages, picture messages, voice calls and video calls to be blocked - link http://www.meteor.ie/do_more/number_blocker/

If your network can't help you and you're using a smartphone, some smartphone OS'es offer call blocking applications. Symbian, Android and Blackberry offer these apps, and afaik iPhone needs to be jailbroken in order to do so.

A step of last resort would be to assign a silent ringtone to that particular contact, afaik many phones manufactured within the past few years can assign ringtones to individual contacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Depending on the phone really. Try get a blacklist app for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Tweedo

It's possible, my mother did it to me a couple weeks ago

She just did summat in settings on her phone, didn't have to call meteor or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I think most Samsung phones have that option built into them....

You can "Add To Reject List" and the numbers are automatically blocked.

Advertisement