Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best coal prices

Options
  • 22-10-2011 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Seen similar threads in the other county forums.
    Theres a place on the main st in Rathcormac sells 5x 40kg for €52.
    The father and neighbours reckon it's great coal.
    Any other cheap places with good coal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

they charge two euro delivery per bag just in the village, the coal is an inferior type, lots of small bits and dust in the bags, premium polish from the co op is better, if you buy one tonne it works out at 13.45 per bag and i haggles for free delivery in the castlelyons branch, if you dont have space you can collect a couple at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

who the hell would want to go lumping coal around in the booth of their car and with the dirt on ur clothes etc for the sake of a couple of euro ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

2 euro per bag adds up if you burn a good bit like i do, and i never mentioned the booth/boot of a car, lots of people have or know someone that has a van or trailer, and coop will deliver it and even fill up a bunker, hardly worth hunting for cheap coal if you pay extra for deliery

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

you're not known as Craftypaddy for nothing ! and you're a dinger at the spelling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

2 euro per bag adds up if you burn a good bit like i do, and i never mentioned the booth/boot of a car, lots of people have or know someone that has a van or trailer, and coop will deliver it and even fill up a bunker, hardly worth hunting for cheap coal if you pay extra for deliery

your dead right, anyway if they were any good they would deliver for free tis costly enough as it is, the guy i get it from delivers for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭rebelden

Donovons hardware shop in Berrings deliver a ton of polish coal for £350 plus a bag of singles thrown in.

Advertisement