Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AN EVENING WITH RANDY COUTURE IN DUBLIN 13 DEC 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Mellor wrote: »
    Am I the only one who things the VIP ticket is a bit steep? e55 for a light supper, a signed poster and a 3/20 chance at winning some signed bits and pieces (a boxing glove?)
    don't get me wrong, I'd love to hae a signed MMA glove. But he's prob sign it if you brought it up.

I just don't like to see fans being milked like that.

Prices are set by the publisher and are standard for the UK tour and this trip to Dublin. The supper is something that we have added at no charge to give fans a little more value for the VIP ticket.

Also it's probably best to point out that we have been told in advance that nothing will be signed apart from what the publisher brings.

Obviously not everyone will see the extra value in the VIP tickets, that's their choice. I personally do see the value and would have rather been given the chance to sell more than 2 batches of 10 tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Prices are set by the publisher and are standard for the UK tour and this trip to Dublin. The supper is something that we have added at no charge to give fans a little more value for the VIP ticket.

Also it's probably best to point out that we have been told in advance that nothing will be signed apart from what the publisher brings.

Obviously not everyone will see the extra value in the VIP tickets, that's their choice. I personally do see the value and would have rather been given the chance to sell more than 2 batches of 10 tickets
    Don't get me wrong John, I know full well that its publisher driven and not you or Randy. And I wasn't having a go at you at all, you're giving people an opportunity for meet a legend and that's brilliant. I just don't like the terms forced upon you, or the fans by the publishers.
    I'm not surprised that they are preventing people getting gloves signed. It they allowed that, or allow more VIP tickets, the precieved value of the VIP tickets disappears.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭theT

There will be a chance on here to book by PayPal 24 hours before it is released to the general public and press. I am just waiting on the final date change before announcing.

There are only 200 standard tickets being released nationwide across Ireland including the North and the press will be all over this due to both it being Randy Couture and the hype around the second Expendables movie.

Hey John,

Any update on the tickets?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

So...

He won't sign my moobs?

theT wrote: »
    Hey John,

Any update on the tickets?

The date is def 14th Dec 2011

I will confirm the venue over the weekend.

Anyone from this forum can pm me for advance bookings before public release. Payment will be through PayPal

There is now only 1 VIP table left now guys

Ps. I'm away today, will reply to pm's late tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'll still be heading to this, even though it's a bit pricey.

Here's something to compare with, i went to Duff McKagan's (ex Guns n Roses) booksigning of his autobiog in Eason last night, had a picture with him, a quick chat and he signed my book, all for the price of his book.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

sorry for being silly here lads but how the hell do i private message on boards :eek:

00benski wrote: »
    sorry for being silly here lads but how the hell do i private message on boards :eek:

Say you wanna PM me, see this post, on the left is my name, Scudzilla, click it and yuo'll get 5 options, select send private message

Or on right hand side of screen 3/4 way up is your username, saying welcome, underneath that is private message, click that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

scudzilla wrote: »

Here's something to compare with, i went to Duff McKagan's (ex Guns n Roses) booksigning of his autobiog in Eason last night, had a picture with him, a quick chat and he signed my book, all for the price of his book.

i here ye, both books can be bought for 25 euro so its 30 euro for photo etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

This is how it normally works. It's. Incentive for people to buy the book. I might be cutting off my nose to spite my face but it wouldn't feel right for me to give these people €55 to meet Randy Couture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

TIME: 8 pm to 10 PM

This event will be an advance booking event with limited places available. After a Q&A session with the legend:

Each ticket purchaser shall personally meet Randy Couture, have a photo opportunity and receive a personally signed copy of the new book The Last Round. Plus one other signed Couture book!

Each VIP ticket purchasers will be given priority to personally meet Randy Couture, have a photo opportunity, receive a copy of the new book The Last Round, receive a signed t-shirt and will be entered into a free raffle draw to win a personally signed MMA glove by Randy Couture.

TICKETS: ONLY €55 EACH
    VIP TICKETS : TBC

I think people are mad to do this, pure fan boyism. You spend 55 euro and you will be given priority to personally meet randy, but not a guarantee. What if there are 100 people there, he's there for 2 hours. He has to give a book to all these people (presumably they're not presigned so that will take a minute per person at the very least). the people that lap this up are mad, mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

What harm is it meeting someone you would love to meet and paying a small fee for it, i would have bought the book anyway and paid the 20euro or whatever it may be for that, to get a picture and another book signed and listen to a q and a with a very intelligent person who done alot for mma, well what the hell. Dont see why people would want to get on here and try put people off who want to part with there hard end cash :)

00benski wrote: »
    What harm is it meeting someone you would love to meet and paying a small fee for it, i would have bought the book anyway and paid the 20euro or whatever it may be for that, to get a picture and another book signed and listen to a q and a with a very intelligent person who done alot for mma, well what the hell. Dont see why people would want to get on here and try put people off who want to part with there hard end cash :)

Well maybe it's just me right, but I don't like the idea of fans being asked to pay money to meet someone or for a picture.

Boosingings are different to this. A celebrity knows that by showing up to sign copies of their book that it will encourage those who were considering buying the book to go to Eason that day and buy it in order to have it signed and have a picture with the author.

Imagine this, you're standing on Grafton St and outside HMV is one Mr. Randy Couture. You walk over to him and you say "Randy, i'm a massive fan. I just bought your book it's aweosme." and a guy in a suit stood beside him said to you "I'm sorry sir, but you can't speak to Mr. Couture. But if you give me €35 he'll sign your book, you can stand in a queue to ask him a question and get a picture taken with him using your own camera phone".

Would you find this fair?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Imagine this, you're standing on Grafton St and outside HMV is one Mr. Randy Couture. You walk over to him and you say "Randy, i'm a massive fan. I just bought your book it's aweosme." and a guy in a suit stood beside him said to you "I'm sorry sir, but you can't speak to Mr. Couture. But if you give me €35 he'll sign your book, you can stand in a queue to ask him a question and get a picture taken with him using your own camera phone".

Would you find this fair?
    That actually happens all the time. Not with Randy but with celebrities generally. You just can't stalk or get quick feels anymore.

FINAL EVENT DETAILS

14th December 2011

17:00 - 19:00 @ The Louis Fitzgerald Hotel, Naas Rd, Dublin

Tickets go on general release at 9am on Tuesday 8th Nov. Users of this forum can pre book with me directly ahead of release using PayPal

• Advertisement

That actually happens all the time. Not with Randy but with celebrities generally. You just can't stalk or get quick feels anymore.

Guess it depends on the celeb and the price no?

dave80 wrote: »
    He is gonna be at bamma 8, doesn't mention if there paying a premium price for books photo etc

http://www.bamma.com/news.php?NW=70&getHere#getHere

Looks like he is not at BAMMA

180580.JPG

Looks like he is not at BAMMA

180580.JPG

Yeah, he's there, just not advertised on this promo tour as i don't think he's charging an extra for the signing at Bamma.
    They're still plugging him on there site anyway

Yeah, he's there, just not advertised on this promo tour as i don't think he's charging an extra for the signing at Bamma.
    They're still plugging him on there site anyway

Will be interesting to see if he is :)

Will be interesting to see if he is :)

I'd say he will be, the place will have 5,000+ mma fans, and he finished in Nottingham, only an hour away, at 4pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭tonymontana82

tickets booked, nice 1 ! i know the pricing is wrong but i probably aint gonna get to meet randy ever again. is there no chance he will sign anything else such as a glove or round 5 collectible figure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

tickets booked, nice 1 ! i know the pricing is wrong but i probably aint gonna get to meet randy ever again. is there no chance he will sign anything else such as a glove or round 5 collectible figure?

They said they could could only sign one thing at the UFC 100 fan expo but a lot of the fighters would sign more if you asked. Give it a go and see what he says, as long as you have it ready to go and don't hold up the line you MIGHT get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fortune25

Newcastle from 10-12pm?
    Bit of a tight squeeze when he is leaving the Dublin one at 7pm no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Just started reading his other book on the way to 138 last weekend.

He was one dirty bugger! Some serious bed hopping while the wife's back was turned! :eek:

fortune25 wrote: »
    Newcastle from 10-12pm?
    Bit of a tight squeeze when he is leaving the Dublin one at 7pm no?

Only flight leaving Dub for Newcastle that night leaves here at 20@25 and gets into Newcastle at 21:30, and it's with Ryanair, don't suppose he's big enough for a private jet.

Simple idea, book the flight (currently 12.99) and park your arse next to him on the plane ;) , A 50 minute Q&A session wit him that he just can't get away from!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Just started reading his other book on the way to 138 last weekend.

He was one dirty bugger! Some serious bed hopping while the wife's back was turned! :eek:

His real name is george. Randy is just a nickname he got a high school

Was that not in the book?

Ah FFS. that's ruined my image of The Natural now :mad:

I thought his name was Roger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

No he was said to Roger a few cheerleaders.

Just another nickname

The flight tickets and passport say Randy Duane Couture

• Advertisement

Yeah I was just kidding (as Barry was I presumed).

Roger, in this case, was a verb!

Just make sure he's not got excess luggage, ya know what Ryanair are like ;)

Lol Aer Lingus ftw on this one

Lol Aer Lingus ftw on this one

Off topic here, but I went to Newcastle last month, had to go wit Ryanair as Lingus don't go there anymore, just presuming it's Newcastle as he finishes here at 7 and us in Newcastle at 10!

Off topic here, but I went to Newcastle last month, had to go wit Ryanair as Lingus don't go there anymore, just presuming it's Newcastle as he finishes here at 7 and us in Newcastle at 10!

Just checked the email, he is flying in with Aer Lingus and then out with Ryan Air:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

You're not wrong. I was over at UFC 138 and got a free poster at the Fight Club Q&A but of course it couldn't go in my luggage without folding it.

Had to smuggle it onboard down the leg of my trousers! They probably just thought I was really pleased to fly Ryanair...

Hey Folks

Just to let you know that those of you who ordered tickets direct from me should receive them early next week, they are going into the post today.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Hey Folks

Just to let you know that those of you who ordered tickets direct from me should receive them early next week, they are going into the post today.

John
    Ordered today, though im collecting tickets can't wait.

181381.jpg

• Advertisement

As this event is finished at 7pm we've decided to have a bit of craic and a few Xmas beverages afterwards and are setting up a UFC Undisputed contest on a big screen in the hotel and maybe a Texas Hold'em game too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭theT

Hey Folks

John

Hey John,

I ordered a couple of tickets directly from yourself. Can you confirm if all have be sent out as I still haven't received them.

Thanks

theT wrote: »
    Hey John,

I ordered a couple of tickets directly from yourself. Can you confirm if all have be sent out as I still haven't received them.

Thanks

Hi

Your details were forwarded to Premier Tickets. They were posting all of the orders I gave them out last night by recorded mail.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Are tickets from premier tickets.ie still available?. Whats the best way to order tickets?.

Are tickets from premier tickets.ie still available?. Whats the best way to order tickets?.

There are a few left at Premier Tickets, I'm not sure how many though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jordyallen

i have a question if someone could answer please. I am considering going to the evening in liverpool on sunday, but for the normal priced ticket do you meet randy for certain? i cant really afford the other tickets being a student but dont wanna risk buying one if its not a certainty you at least meet him. thanks

• Advertisement

jordyallen wrote: »
    i have a question if someone could answer please. I am considering going to the evening in liverpool on sunday, but for the normal priced ticket do you meet randy for certain? i cant really afford the other tickets being a student but dont wanna risk buying one if its not a certainty you at least meet him. thanks

I can't confirm anything about the other dates on the tour. What I can confirm is that anyone with a ticket to the Dublin event will get to meet him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Reek Guy

Is the title wrong ? Its the 14th is it not ?

Reek Guy wrote: »
    Is the title wrong ? Its the 14th is it not ?

The publisher changed the date a few weeks after the original announcement

Guys just a heads up.

There are 17 tickets left at premiertickets if anybody needs one last minute.

Those who have tickets remember that it will start at bang on 5pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Hi Folks,

Really enjoyed last night - brief right up and a few snaps of the big man here

and a couple of more on our facebook page

Baz

• Advertisement
Advertisement