Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Pages opening really slow

• 22-10-2011 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Ok so Im over in australia and got optus broadband so I know it may be something ye couldnt help me with but thought Id try, The thing is my pages are really slow to open in comparison with my 2MB internet at home but the download speeds then are the opposite they are unreal and getting like 500kbs instead of 150 at home, Just wondering if anyone has a clue as to why this is happening

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Are you trying to open Irish pages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Nope just about any pages, The thing that has me thrown is the pages opening slow but the speed of downloads then is brill

Are you on mobile or fixed internet? Speed is only half the issue, mobile suffers from high latency.

Have you torrents running? Maxing your upstream bandwidth will slow browsing to a crawl, even if nothing is downloading.

Im on a wireless internet, No I dont have the downloads going at the same time, Its been like this since I got the internet so couldnt have maxed my bandwith

Connect by ethernet cable and see if you're still having problems

• Advertisement

I cant its one of those mobile broadband things.

astonaidan wrote: »
    I cant its one of those mobile broadband things.

There's your problem.

You most likely had real fixed broadband at home. Mobile isn't broadband, it's more like fast dial up, it's even classed as midband on here and has it's own separate forum as a subforum to this broadband forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    There's your problem.

Another one caught out by the marketing of mobile midband products, they simply shouldn't be allowed market it as broadband, it isn't broadband and never will be.
    That's why it's classified as midband on here as it is so variable.One minute you can connect and the next nothing.

Advertisement