Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone know what road the old suncroft cemetery is on?

Options
  • 21-10-2011 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hiya, im trying to find out where a relative was buried, pretty sure it was the old suncroft cemetery.

just wondered if anyone knew where it is, address etc ? and if it has any records of deaths ?

many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The old suncroft graveyard is on the brownstown to suncroft road. Traveling from brownstown its on the right hand side of the road about 2 miles from brownstown. You cant really miss it.

As for the records, suncroft parish priest would be your best bet for these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 heidi17

thankyou very much for your help.

only problem is i dont live in ireland so would have to travel over to speak to the priest about records.

thanks a lot anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

You can contact the priest by phone or email:

http://www.kandle.ie/parishes/suncroft/

thankyou so much! you've been a great help! been looking for ages and just cant seem to find any records online, so wondered about parish records.

thanks again x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

If you want to do some more research census records from some years are available on-line also:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The caretaker/registrar of suncroft graveyards is this lady, Her name is listed on several websites so i don't think there's a problem posting here.

Suncroft (and Carna) (lawn type) Helen Behan Martinstown, Suncroft 045 441865

thankyou so much! didnt know if people would reply when i posted, but im very grateful! hopefully i can trace my relatives successfully now !

thanks, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

there is a grave yard right beside morrans pud in the center of the village also

thanks for your help!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Hi. The old Suncroft graveyard is actually the one in the centre of the village. The other one mentioned above is the Carna graveyard. It is quite small and somewhat overgrown. A lot of my family are actually buried there.

• Advertisement

hiyaa thanks !! :)

do you know if there are any parish records for deaths? it would be really useful to know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

not to sure check church or with the priest his house is say
    traveling into suncroft from brownstown go past the shop then about 70 yards there is an estate on your left and the priests house is actually on the left hand corner straight away when you turn in off the main road it would of been there before the estate was built

Advertisement