Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy Blackburn rovers jersey in city?

Options
  • 22-10-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Am in galway for a couple of days and need to pick up the above, any advice would be appreciated.

cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Elverys on the Headford road has the best selection of jerseys but id be surprised if you got a blackburn one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jeez, I've never seen a Blackburn Rovers jersey in any shop in Galway. If I were you OP, I wouldn't be getting my hopes up about picking one up here...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

mars bar wrote: »
    Jeez, I've never seen a Blackburn Rovers jersey in any shop in Galway. If I were you OP, I wouldn't be getting my hopes up about picking one up here...
    Rovers shirts were quite popular for a brief period in the mid-nineties so I'm sure they were on sale back then :). As ben.schlomo wrote, Elverys in the Galway Retail Park would be your best bet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Euskadi1888

Why don't you just order online? Halloween isn't for another 9 days so I'm sure you'll get it in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Blackburn Rovers OP? Your doing a very bad job of being a sunshine supporter. Go for one of the big teams jersey, if you don't support them it doesn't matter, like most people in this country you will probably have no affiliation with the club you "support" so any old jersey will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Prob more chance picking up a venkys chicken wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Malice wrote: »
    Rovers shirts were quite popular for a brief period in the mid-nineties so I'm sure they were on sale back then :). As ben.schlomo wrote, Elverys in the Galway Retail Park would be your best bet.

They probably were popular between May 1995 and 1996 alright. :mad:
    Blackburn Rovers OP? Your doing a very bad job of being a sunshine supporter. Go for one of the big teams jersey, if you don't support them it doesn't matter, like most people in this country you will probably have no affiliation with the club you "support" so any old jersey will do.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

I'd say that helped. Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

sports shops in ireland stopped selling random jerseys about 8 years ago. lifestyle used to be so good now you would be lucky to find a chelsea jersey in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP didn't ask for opinions on his team...
    Off-topic and slagging posts removed.
    Keep it on topic.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    OP didn't ask for opinions on his team...
    Off-topic and slagging posts removed.
    Keep it on topic.
    Jesus wept, I thought the general point of this site was people giving their opinions. I don't think my post was controversial or broke any forum rules, so it seems a bit ridiculous to delete it.

Don't know what nerve of yours I touched. Can I start a thread asking members of the Galway section what English team they support, and why support a foreign team?
    I think it would be fun, might uncover people on here with borderline racist comments supporting a team in a different country, wouldn't that be fun?:D

OP, if your in a rush I reckon you'll get a better deal with an online retailer and pay a bit extra for faster delivery. With the savings online you'll end up paying less even with extra for delivery.

Read the charter:
    Above all, exercise common sense.
    Be nice and helpful and people will reciprocate.

"Funny" or smart replies goes in After Hours or similar forums.
    This forum is for helpful posts.
    If you have a problem with how the site is run then PM me.
    Can I start a thread asking members of the Galway section what English team they support, and why support a foreign team?
    No.

biko wrote: »
    Read the charter:

"Funny" or smart replies goes in After Hours or similar forums.
    This forum is for helpful posts.
    If you have a problem with how the site is run then PM me.
    I was being helpful. I was letting the OP know that because it is highly unlikely that he has any affiliation with Blackburn, that what Jersey he gets is unimportant and he should focus his efforts to get any jersey . I was just trying to save the OP some stress in finding that specific jersey when its all the same really:D

No.
    Why not? I would be interested in finding out the demographic of teams followers in the Galway area. Can I not use this:
    To get some nice and helpful replies from Galway posters?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Biko - I'm going to Billy Bragg too - see ya there

(and sorry for OT :()

Seven Worlds will Collide

lol the absolute state of this place
    no%2520fun%2520scan.jpg

EuskalHerria and Euskadi1888 banned for more off-topic posting and arguing.
    Feel free to post your views on Rovers in Soccer forum, this isn't the place.

Please just use this thread for suggestions, not soccer banter - there is a whole forum for that.

I presume you will be banning CrowdedHouse for their off-topic posting too.

You presume wrong.
    OP good luck with the hunt for a jersey. Maybe check the outdoor shop on Eglington street. Ring some other sports shops.

Now that thread is closed I'll restore posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement