Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loc8

Options
  • 22-10-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Not particularly related to Donegal, but had been reading the threads on the new road signs etc an how they were to help people find their way about the country...

These loc8 codes are brilliant, friend of mine who always had difficulty with couriers/deliveries, gives them his code and they drive right to the door now. Put in your address, then zoom in on your house and place the wee arrow on it, that give you your code, no messing about with 2nd left after the big hedge kinda directions...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Excellent...Thanks!

I'll also now use it as a post code seeing as 99.999% of international retailers/suppliers require one.

Do many couriers/shippers use it or is it a new thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

Loc8 codes are produced by a private company in Cork. It's not a national postcode system, but Garmin have bought into the product for their satnavs. I think there's a download required to install the reader on a satnav. As far as I know TomTom satnav's don't work with the codes.
    WHile at the moment the loc8 code is an excellent GPS ready address reference, if the Government announces a postcode system (the lack of is costing this country millions in inefficiency), a new post code could make the loc8 code redundant.
    We really need an address code especially for rural areas, emergency services, deliveries etc. Loc8 codes seem to be the way to go so if more businesses etc start using them then they could become the de facto norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Firblog wrote: »
    Not particularly related to Donegal, but had been reading the threads on the new road signs etc an how they were to help people find their way about the country...

These loc8 codes are brilliant, friend of mine who always had difficulty with couriers/deliveries, gives them his code and they drive right to the door now. Put in your address, then zoom in on your house and place the wee arrow on it, that give you your code, no messing about with 2nd left after the big hedge kinda directions...

The bit highlighted in bold above and recent undesirable posts (now deleted) mean's the locking of this thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement