Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

steering wheel with shifter and clutch xbox

Options
  • 22-10-2011 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

sorry guys, this has probably been asked loads of times,

i am looking for a racing wheel with accelerator, brake, clutch and shifter. im aware of the website fantec.com but its a bit pricey. was wondering if any body knew of anyone whos selling one? new or used, but not too expensive

thanks, ianofitz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...I'm on the cusp of doing the same. Looking at the Logitech site, it doesn't say that the G27 is xBox compatible - is it ??

See here: http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/gaming/wheels/devices/5184

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

ive been told it is with the XCM F-1 converter which is a further 80 euro so, tis an expensive piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ianofitz wrote: »
    ive been told it is with the XCM F-1 converter which is a further 80 euro so, tis an expensive piece of kit

Any decent wheels xbox compatable at the mo? That would work out crazy money for the logi27

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Some of the fanatec wheels are compatable, dont waste your money on the official xbox piece of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

have a look at the video because its not really true. fanatec is your only option.

• Advertisement

whats wrong with the video? the wheel works fine with the converter. i would like a fanatec but it would cost alot of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I bought the full kit from Fanatec.com about 2 years ago and i'll admit, it was expensive but it really was worth it- especially if you want a good gear stick and all the pedals.
    I've the wheel, full pedals, gear stick and stand. Love it, forza has never been so good.

You'll probably go for a cheaper alternative, but just if you can afford it- it's an amazing piece of kit to have in your games collection

Dcully wrote: »
    Some of the fanatec wheels are compatable, dont waste your money on the official xbox piece of crap.

Piece of crap?? Reviews I have read are 4.5 out of 5 4 being the lowest

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

The only thing with that f1 converter is it has major problems with linearity and deadzone..

There is a firmware upgrade but from what i read it only slightly makes a difference the wheel still barely drives in a straight line...

Plus if you add the price of a g27 and converter you looking a 350, and the h shifter doesn't work correctly only works in sequential mode and even that is reversed, you have to push up to shift up instead of down.

Fanatec wheels are amazing, the clubsport pedals are out of this world..

Now just waiting for a forza 4 patch, the game has an issue where if you have a fanatec wheel set to 900 degrees and drive a clean lap without error it thinks your cheating and gives no points/cash or XP!! :eek:

But have to say the feedback is like nothing I've ever felt before, you can feel even the slightest slide and loss of grip in a split second!!

JUSTBOUGHToriginal ms wheel for 60 posted on adverts.ie cant afford the fanatec although i would love it well one of them lol maybe next year but the original ms wheel has force feedback so i am happy out for 60 notes

• Advertisement

hmm the fantec sounds like your best bet. anyone know if anyone is selling one? :P

whats wrong with the video? the wheel works fine with the converter.

look at his inputs compared to what happens on screen. theres a huge delay and a deadzone up to around 45 degrees. its a complere gimmick, even the clowns on inside sim racing couldn't give it a good review and they love everything.

Piece of crap?? Reviews I have read are 4.5 out of 5 4 being the lowest

Yes , ask anyone used to racing sims and they will tell you its rubbish, trust me ive used most wheels on the market,its better than a pad but thats not saying much really.
    I suspect anyone that gives it such scores as you say really havent tried the likes of G25/G27 or the fanatec wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Dcully wrote: »
    Yes , ask anyone used to racing sims and they will tell you its rubbish, trust me ive used most wheels on the market,its better than a pad but thats not saying much really.
    I suspect anyone that gives it such scores as you say really havent tried the likes of G25/G27 or the fanatec wheels.

Are you referring to the New microSoft speed wheel or the older (now out of production) official force feedback wheel?

punk77 wrote: »
    Are you referring to the New microSoft speed wheel or the older (now out of production) official force feedback wheel?

The old official one.

TBH, that's a bit like saying that anyone not driving a Ferrari,Bugatti etc wouldn't be much better off than those cycling a bicycle. While the old wheel might not be up to the high standards of the fanatec etc. it certainly far better than a controller and for most non-fanatical racing-sim gamers it does the trick quite well. Coupled with the ability to pick one up for 40-50e 2nd hand, and therefore within the financial reach of most xbox gamers, I think it's hardly fair to describe this wheel as crap. If I was that fanatical about playing racing sims that I was prepared to spend a couple of grand on a racing set-up I don't think I'd be playing them on an xbox in the first place.

If I was that fanatical about playing racing sims that I was prepared to spend a couple of grand on a racing set-up I don't think I'd be playing them on an xbox in the first place.

couple of grand? what fanatec wheels are you looking at :pac:

you get what you pay for.

couple of grand? what fanatec wheels are you looking at :pac:

you get what you pay for.

Read it again. 'Racing set-up' is what I said not racing wheel. Doh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

I bought the full kit from Fanatec.com about 2 years ago and i'll admit, it was expensive but it really was worth it- especially if you want a good gear stick and all the pedals.
    I've the wheel, full pedals, gear stick and stand. Love it, forza has never been so good.

You'll probably go for a cheaper alternative, but just if you can afford it- it's an amazing piece of kit to have in your games collection

What would a set-up like that set you back? I got the new wireless controller for half price with forza 4, and its a million times better than a standard controller - but I would love a proper full set up, and with my birthday so close to xmas - you never know what santa might bring!!! (if I drop enough hints;))

Read it again. 'Racing set-up' is what I said not racing wheel. Doh.

What do you mean by racing setup?
    A good wheel and pedal set can be got for about €200 , it will last you years.
    I dont know where you get your grand from, unless you mean a cockpit and or racing seat/frame etc but thats not essential by any means, i play the hardest of hardcore sims from my desk with G25 wheel/pedals, [having said that i rarely simrace at all these days, too time consuming]

If you tried any of the G25/G27 or Fanatecs you would understand why its rated as a crap wheel by comparison.
    However i totally agree the old official wheel is far superior to a pad but again thats not saying much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement