Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on satellite set-up through internet?

Options
  • 22-10-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

hi there,
    today i was offered a full sky tv pack for 10 euro a month and polish tv for an extra 10.
    The guy said all i needed was a satellite, extra lnb and a opticom receiver. That sounded grand, but he then says it all works by connecting the receiver to my upc router????

Is this what they call commercial card sharing, is it this 'patch' stuff i see online were people are downloading patches to unlock stations?

Just want your opinions on this as it seems too good to be true.

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

italodisco wrote: »
    Is this what they call commercial card sharing?

I believe it is, yes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

is this something i could just do myself with a good receiver and by using www.freecardserver.com?

im a newbie to this but would like to try it as the wife is polish and would be nice to get her some of those station on hotbird 13

and one more question, without annoying ye all, what would be the best receiver to do this within 300euro price range?
    thanks again

You're not allowed to discuss anything like that in these forums.

There are free-to-air Polish channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Discussion on how to acquire TV service illegally is not permitted in any way on boards.ie. please read the forum charter.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement