Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mists of pandaria

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Im in the beta..
    And im gonna raid soon.

Just watched http://youtu.be/CXU_7sjQ0Ao

..and by god it gives me goose bumps, cannot wait to get back in raiding, and clear MoP!

This expansion is gonna be a good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

With September 25 nearing for the release, I'm prepared for it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jreynolds1312

yep, very excited about the coming expansion Mists of Pandaria. lets be ready everyone....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Hey can anyone tell me if Hand of A'dal title is account wide in 5.04, other forums are full of spewage and I can't get a concrete answer. ta.

I dobt it would be to be honest..

Wasnt it takin out of the game?

Id say theyd only let you have the titles that arent taken out of the game.

• Advertisement

Akarinn wrote: »
    I dobt it would be to be honest..

Wasnt it takin out of the game?

Id say theyd only let you have the titles that arent taken out of the game.

At the risk of sounding rude, this is the kind of speculation spewage i was talking about.

I'm looking for someone with the title to check on live servers if they now can display it on all characters on their account that are over level 70.

At the risk of sounding rude, this is the kind of speculation spewage i was talking about.

I'm looking for someone with the title to check on live servers if they now can display it on all characters on their account that are over level 70.

Is it that important that you find out if its account wide?

Why dont you just resub and find out?

Btw i have that title on my Pally, and i actually plan on resubbing 2mo after i download this patch..

And..
    At the risk of sounding rude

you can bugger off if you think im gonna tell you if its account wide or not!

Happy Hunting :D

Akarinn wrote: »
    Is it that important that you find out if its account wide?

Why dont you just resub and find out?

Btw i have that title on my Pally, and i actually plan on resubbing 2mo after i download this patch..

And..

you can bugger off if you think im gonna tell you if its account wide or not!

Happy Hunting :D

Nice story, here's a novel idea:

If you don't know the answer to something, consider not responding.

Whatever brah...

Have you considered making a thread on mmo-champion?

Because someone who actually really wanted to know if the title was account wide, would have made a thread there first.. Instead of boards.ie, which many believe the wow forum to be dead.

So heres an answer to your original question:

Sorry mate, i dont know if the title is account wide. But to improve your chances of a response, the smart thing to do would be to make a thread on mmo-champion asking that exact question.

Now GO! Do the smart thing.

..... and make that thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

haha just like /2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Was reading this thread because I was thinking about my time in wow and remembering all the good times but then I got to the handbags in last few posts reminding of all the bull**** and the passing thoughts of coming back are gone again :pac:

gluck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was reading this thread because I was thinking about my time in wow and remembering all the good times but then I got to the handbags in last few posts reminding of all the bull**** and the passing thoughts of coming back are gone again :pac:

Please dont tar us all with the same brush, hes only learn-d-ing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I reactivated my wow account. Dk in fire lands normal gear. No gold bar 2k a friend gave me. What can I do for gold?

Jc but no epic gem recipes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

I reactivated my wow account. Dk in fire lands normal gear. No gold bar 2k a friend gave me. What can I do for gold?

Assuming you have only that profession available, not a whole lot on that front. Your choices are:

- Run a lot of dailys. TB / Firelands dailys will net you a good few hundred gold a day.

- Flip things on the AH --> really dependent on how busy your realm is, 2k on a full pop realm you could double it in a day, on a medium pop realm this will be harder.

- Do absolutely nothing. You should earn in the region of 5k just by levelling to 90 if past expansions are anything to go by. Once you hit 90 you will be doing daily quests anyway which will bring in income. By all accounts from the beta WoW is even more self sufficient than ever. Just by playing it you should earn enough gold to keep you going. I started this expansion with 20k gold, power levelled my professions (sunk around 10k into it), raided so had the cost of gems/flasks/enchants and geared an alt as well. I'm sitting on about 24k at the moment with absolutely zero AH PVP this expansion.

I'm personally going with the final option.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

If you posted your server, you might find a willing donor :P [If you are on Zenedar i could throw you a couple of K]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Do some dragon soul dungeon finder runs, get like 600g+ for the weekly raid quest rewards, can do the heroic dungeon quests too for a decent chunk of gold and some pretty cool soon to be transmog items..

My heads spinnin with all the changes added, its a whole new game as far as pvp is concerned, so much added CC to all classes from what i can see..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

witless1 wrote: »

Assuming you have only that profession available, not a whole lot on that front. Your choices are:

- Run a lot of dailys. TB / Firelands dailys will net you a good few hundred gold a day.

- Flip things on the AH --> really dependent on how busy your realm is, 2k on a full pop realm you could double it in a day, on a medium pop realm this will be harder.

- Do absolutely nothing. You should earn in the region of 5k just by levelling to 90 if past expansions are anything to go by. Once you hit 90 you will be doing daily quests anyway which will bring in income. By all accounts from the beta WoW is even more self sufficient than ever. Just by playing it you should earn enough gold to keep you going. I started this expansion with 20k gold, power levelled my professions (sunk around 10k into it), raided so had the cost of gems/flasks/enchants and geared an alt as well. I'm sitting on about 24k at the moment with absolutely zero AH PVP this expansion.

I'm personally going with the final option.

Sorry have alchemy as well. I think I'll level an alt and forget about gold till panda

so.. whats the pre-expansion patch like?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

not too sure on it as was leveling an arcane mage [53] & don't know if it was nerfed or just doesn't like being in low gear anymore.

also does anyone know if BOA items are finally realm transferable?

• Advertisement

moongoose wrote: »
    not too sure on it as was leveling an arcane mage [53] & don't know if it was nerfed or just doesn't like being in low gear anymore.

also does anyone know if BOA items are finally realm transferable?

BOA are still not realm transferable, epic fail

Levelling as Frost will be faster

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

i might give it a try later as was getting hammered in un'goro but could be due to bad gear & still trying to get used to the talent tree change as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Ive stopped playing since the talent tree change went live(seen it in the BETA didnt try it), cant get my head around it, just something about i dont like. I know its meant to simplify things but...dunno!

Anyone feel the same way?

Scram wrote: »
    Ive stopped playing since the talent tree change went live(seen it in the BETA didnt try it), cant get my head around it, just something about i dont like. I know its meant to simplify things but...dunno!

I'm liking it, it opens up alot more custom options. Even though there is still obviously the cookie cutter builds, you can be alot more situational and stuff in fights which I like.

And it actually is SO simple to use and understand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm liking it, it opens up alot more custom options. Even though there is still obviously the cookie cutter builds, you can be alot more situational and stuff in fights which I like.

Must admit I'm still trying to figure it out too. Or moreso, trying to figure out what major differences it would have on DPS.. depending on what class of course. I'm looking at the Pala talents and thinking, they have little effect on my dps. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see it.
    I've yet to look at it on other classes tbh. I've not logged any of my alts in some time bar my newb rogue.
    All that being said, I love my Pala since the patch. Much more fun to play than before for me at least. Come expansion I will be leveling him first, then looking at messing about with a panda shaman or (insert race) monk..

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Scram wrote: »

Been on holidays, and just back. Off work till Monday so going to be giving it a blast overt the next few days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

TheDoc wrote: »

I'm roughly the same. Logged my main (disc priest) for the first time in months and was confused. My thought process when trying to figure out a build went something like "this is sh1t... this is kinda sh1t... hmm... wait, thats kinda cool... ooh, thats pretty cool".

After logging, I checked out a few blogs. I'm still getting used to the glyph and individual spell changes (don't like the cd on dispel purify) but disc seems pretty cool (glyphed penance FTFW). Shame my guild's priests all seem to be switching to disc cos I'll be obliged to go holy.

I got the 7 free days email a few days ago, so myself and mate decided to come back and see what the craic was.

To be honest, i'm disappointed with the changes.
    We've tried playing our old mains, did a few LFG's and LFR, and it's just the exact same as it was but with no talent points, almost.

The new glyphs are indeed fun, for about 5 minutes. That novelty wears off as you begin to realise that the entire MoP expansion is a fking novelty.

So with that we both decided to start from scratch with new level 1 alts, fully decked out in looms and with the guildperks etc.. lasted til level 30 which we both got without any hassle after about 2 hours of arsing about with quests and a handful of LFG's.

The talent system itself, (keep in mind i have a bunch of 85's) is crap, you choose one of three at 15, 30, 45, and so on til 90. The ability to choose which tree you want to spec into and what talents you want and dont want is gone, you get everything in the particular tree you chose anyway, then select 5(6 in MoP) others to make it fun. I liked the old skill system, even when they shortened it, but this is just terrible.

Anyway, that's how i felt after day 3 of my 7 day comeback. For the first time since vanilla, i wont be buying the expansion on it's release and i have no interest in ever resubbing back to wow unless they do some serious changes to the game.

What i did like was the account wide mounts and pets, and when you join lfg in a group, and leave you are still grouped with that person/people.
    Those changes were needed, the rest of it seems to me like it's aimed at people who are were complete imbeciles and entirely incapable of making a spec they could use properly prior to this patch.

Why tamper with something that was working? I'll tell you why, because they couldn't balance the specs for pvp and arena's that's why! :D cheap fix is cheap and feels cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

lvl 30 in two hours, cool story bro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

cheap fix is cheap and feels cheap.

And where have we seen this before? Back in the old days I believe it was.
    [Blizz] The first expansion will be amazing and will feature new classes.
    [Blizz (later)] Actually we're just gonna makes things easier for ourselves and give the Horde Palas and the alliance Shamans. kkthxbai

I still hate that this ever happened :pac:

Advertisement