Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mists of pandaria

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

TechnoPool wrote: »
    lvl 30 in two hours, cool story bro.

haha, you dont believe me?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's kind of weird that this is out in a week and i've no real interest in it. I might pick it up at some stage, but just not feeling it. The last few expansions were like Christmas for me, and i went a bit mental for a few days after release. Not this one though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I pretty much agree with all of degrassinoel's comments about how poor and underwhelming this all seems.

That being said, only reason I still play is cos i really enjoy my guild, and its great to whittle away a few hours after work during the week. So i will be buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Meh

I think its a misunderstanding on your part really.

It was clear from the start the talent system was changing to be smaller, more compact, but to have viable choices at each level. And its achieved that.

The stuff you need, you get automatically, the choices are basically individual choices. Even " best build websites" indicates you have choices at every level depending.

When you dinged 85 you used to go to mmo-champ or elitist jerks, copy the spec there, and job done. They wanted to remove that, and I agree, there was no intellegent decision making or any decisions at all.

And now there is, you have viable choices at every tier, whilst you automatically receive the essentialls. I was able to put proper thought into my spec and carry some dust with me for situational changes.

There is enough in MOP to get me excited, and even moreso as there is enough endgame content and variety that I'm not going to be hampered by no longer "hardcore" raiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Ah Doc, there's no misunderstanding :D

I think i've just outgrown the game, which tbh, was gonna happen someday.
    Personally speaking, i used to raid hc with my resto druid, and i never checked EJ or mmochamp for a spec. Maybe the tree (cwotididthar?) i was speccing into was just that blatently easy to skill into for resto raiding that it didnt really need a second thought. But that removal of the spec, or change to the 6 skill tree, to me is butchering the rpg element of an mmorpg.

Anyways, for me the talent system is only a small part of a large problem with the game pre-mop. Roll on TITAN, whatever it is, if it's ever released, i might give it a shot but for now i'm finished with wow :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

DOH, I had it in my head that this was out tomorrow. Silly silly me. :rolleyes:

As for excitement towards it? Not much I guess. I've upgraded to it alright but overall I'm just.. meh.. I hope to be proven wrong and enjoy it. Time will tell I guess. I'm with Shougeki on the "easy way to kill time" aspect. I guess that's why I still play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Anyone know what size the upgrade is?

I've downloaded the pre patch of 8gb. But is there much further content to download on upgrade?

Thanks in advance
    z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Zadkiel wrote: »
    Anyone know what size the upgrade is?

I've downloaded the pre patch of 8gb. But is there much further content to download on upgrade?

Thanks in advance
    z

if you can access the game right now, then you can roll into mists.
    patch 5.0.4 would have given you nearly everything you need for mists.
    might be a little tools patch to come but that's about it normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

jabberwock wrote: »
    if you can access the game right now, then you can roll into mists.
    patch 5.0.4 would have given you nearly everything you need for mists.
    might be a little tools patch to come but that's about it normally.

Thanks for the quick reply:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Cant get hyped at all for this expansion, so much change in latest patch, everytime i login i dont know where to start. Have to learn all my classes again :(

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    Cant get hyped at all for this expansion, so much change in latest patch, everytime i login i dont know where to start. Have to learn all my classes again :(

Most of the rotations are the same...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

TheDoc wrote: »
    Most of the rotations are the same...

Wouldnt say most. Some are but got more cd's I guess, but from what I've played think there is a bitta change. Some can prob get away with a old type rotation but then some have had spells removed so cant stick to it now :p (ie Demo lock). Know as combat rogue it had a change which wasn't so obvious as need Revealing strike at the start of your rotation until it falls off since can get double cp's with Sinister strike. Sure shadow priests is different now but aint played it much so can't clarify how :P Think Enhance shammy and hunter is similar to old ones just a few more cd's now.

Yeah I'm thinking more in the lines of pvp/arena, whole game change, have to learn all the classes new abilities and tricks etc

Its a good thing, im not complaining..........................yet :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This is the first expansion i havent been champing at the bit to play since the game was released.
    Probably down to guild wars 2 giving me my mmorpg fix.
    Having said that im a pve player at heart, nothing beats wow for endgame pve imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

nix wrote: »

Exactly the same feeling, i log in and in 5 mins im logged off. Havnt lasted more than 15mins since 5.0..well theres not much to do till Mists anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I've logged in the last few days do do a handful of dailies per char to get used to the changes and practise for solo leveling. I've also done a clear out of my bags and bank. Had a bunch of unused LFR tokens and converted them to vendor the armor.

I've got 2 days off work for this and have snacks/food prepared for quickly leveling (hopefully) two of my chars to 90. Last time I did anything like this was the release of Cata

Tip for alchemists: Gather some heartblossom. You can level 525-530 with it :)

Funny enough, i'm feeling more of a bug for this expansion then any other, bar TBC.

With the amount of stuff at endgame, looking at the raids, the return of some big name players and guilds, WoW has my excitement again.

I put in three solid days there this weekend and Thursday, gearing my characters and getting everything ready, and I'm chomping at the bit to get going.

As Chessignton, I got Wed-Fri of work ( actually not intentional :D ) so I'm hoping to get my characters (all three ) to 90 before Sunday, with my main getting his caps and reps etc.

The only worry I have is that for the first time I'm not going into an expansion with an active guild, if anything, I'm the only person of the group who looks to be actively playing.

I've a few bits lined up, spots in alt raids etc. with guilds on other servers, but thankfully there looks to be enough content to keep me going :)

And who knows, maybe there will be a glorious return of ATT

Dunno if this will work because I haven't read up on it properly, but with CRZ, can anyone from another server join a group and tackle new content if both have each other's RealIDs?

The reason I'm asking is I tried setting up a group with guildies to tackle the content almost immediately to boost past the initial post-launch congestion. There was plenty of interest for Cata but less now and as it stands, we only have 3 priests (me included) with only two of us committed to doing more than a few hours at launch. If we could get some others who are willing to play lots and sleep little, it might make it more efficient.

Dunno if this will work because I haven't read up on it properly, but with CRZ, can anyone from another server join a group and tackle new content if both have each other's RealIDs?

The reason I'm asking is I tried setting up a group with guildies to tackle the content almost immediately to boost past the initial post-launch congestion. There was plenty of interest for Cata but less now and as it stands, we only have 3 priests (me included) with only two of us committed to doing more than a few hours at launch. If we could get some others who are willing to play lots and sleep little, it might make it more efficient.

Yeah, so you join as a party and you can quest together.
    Raids will also be cross realm which is AWESOME.

Some of the lads did a DS Heroic clear last week with people from another server ( real ids required)

Thats the hope I have for raiding, joining in on runs being organised by friends on other servers

If that is the case, if anybody wants to join myself, a Scot and a Finn (all from Bronzebeard), to play for a few hours until the early morning, send me a PM with your RealID and I'll add you when I get home this evening. The requirements I put out on my guild forum is as follows:
    If anyone is up for doing the same this expansion, then post here. Since the main aim is to get as far as possible in a short time, you will need to prepare as follows:

* Have at least the entire day of September 25th free from work, family and any other commitments.
    * Be willing to play from midnight launch til the early morning to get past the initial starting hubs, and be willing to log out for sleep and log back in no more than 6 hours later.
    * Have decent healthy food and snacks prepared beforehand.

Plan is to get to at least 86, get past Jade Forest and have a few quests for Temple of JS before logging for sleep. If we can get a tanky type, getting a run of the temple would also be nice, but as said, getting past the initial post-launch congestion is the main priority. None of us have played the beta so we have limited knowledge of what the leveling is gonna be like.

We have TS3 and I can sort out temp access for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I logged in the other night and start seeing people from kazzak in some of the zones i was in, i started freaking out thinking i had somehow changed server until i read up about the zone population thing.

Quite a nice little function they have :), i am currently semi-active but i will eventually get into the swing of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

lovin' the 2000th position I'm in to join outland right now

haha im at 450 myself if ive to reque to load up mop ill cry, or atleast make the sound of someone crying for like a second

Glad I turned down my graphics settings in preparation for this.

In Pandaria and get off the bloody ship

oh its bumpy

1h 20m after the expansion has gone live and we have given up. Couldn't get a helicopter on the ship, so we tried running a random instance to wait for the madness to pass. That resulted in us disconnecting and relogging constantly for almost 45 min.

I honestly don't understand how Blizzard could have messed this up so badly tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DesertFox

1h 20m after the expansion has gone live and we have given up. Couldn't get a helicopter on the ship, so we tried running a random instance to wait for the madness to pass. That resulted in us disconnecting and relogging constantly for almost 45 min.

What server are you on?

Fs is level 90 on Ravencrest btw, I'm not even sure wheither I play mop or not, like gw2, dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

got on ravencrest last night after about two hours of trying to get in with crashes. played for a few hours.

the starting missions are pretty cool, and the place looks great. the questing is incredibly easy, my ilevel375 combat rogue barely got a dent in his health through 10 or so quests.

loving the new gear system - you only get useful gear for your class. very first mission i got a new dagger, second mission new mace. both upgrades on the old ones. first gear from quests is ilevel372

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

It happens to be honest, sure i dont know what was going on in outland lastnight but it was like people in the server were trying to crash it. I dont know about stormwind but you couldnt move for bodies in orgrimmar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i have an alt in outland. not even gonna try and log in there for a week or two.

Advertisement