Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mists of pandaria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Bronzebeard server. SW was bad, but it wasn't the worst. It got painfully slow aboard the alliance ship in Jade Forest. Went to bed miffed and got up at 7 this morning. It has been fine since. Small bit of lag but nothing unplayable.

It definitely wasn't anywhere near this bad for Cata. I only recall problems around the flight trainer in SW, but the two entry zones were fine

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

WoW that was mental.

Lag and constant server drops. I got as far as the chopper quest where I spent 30 minutes hovering and not getting registry for any kills, due to lag.

Logged off, will come back this evening to start my binge, hopefully most people have moved on and I can fire through the quest. I'm not in an impending rush, but want to get 90 ASAP, and considering most of my mates are 88 after less then 8 hours played, it seems levelling will be pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

temptation pulling me in :eek: ahhhh havent played wow in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

So disheartening to hear level 88's and high level monks rolling around, wish i had any time to play this anymore, cant complete with the legions of college kids and the unemployed tho.

I'll have to try and enjoy it at my own pace.

So disheartening to hear level 88's and high level monks rolling around, wish i had any time to play this anymore, cant complete with the legions of college kids and the unemployed tho.

I'll have to try and enjoy it at my own pace.

Meh, it doesnt take long in fairness

If I didn't have holidays this week I woulda had a 90 by Friday evening no problem.

I was planning on putting a big shift in last night, despite having work today, but with the lag etc didn't seem efficent.

Unless your with an active, relatively serious raiding guild, there is rarely a rush to max level anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Didn't think untracked Royal Mail from Amazon was going to arrive. Just got a mail from the postroom though. At the same time I've agreed to dinner with a friend tonight. Don't think I've ever been this apathetic to a launch but preordered it back in the summer.

Sure i'll enjoy it when I get into it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Arghh the temptation setting in once again with wow.
    Ive too many games either unfinished or unstarted as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

DesertFox wrote: »

Fs is level 90 on Ravencrest btw

Delevelled to 87 for exploiting ..... along with a few others who followed behind him on the sub 5hr lvl90's .....

Quite :eek: my realm stayed up & jam free last night despite the HUGE population overload in SW before it hit launch.

Was quite annoyed at the realm first professions all being completed in under 2 hours ....... didn't seem right that even the crafting ones were done in that. Also, in under 12 hours seeing monks at level 89 & 90 just makes me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

TheDoc wrote: »
    Meh, it doesnt take long in fairness

If I didn't have holidays this week I woulda had a 90 by Friday evening no problem.

I was planning on putting a big shift in last night, despite having work today, but with the lag etc didn't seem efficent.

Unless your with an active, relatively serious raiding guild, there is rarely a rush to max level anyway

Id also add to this that the way blizz have designed the leveling experience from 1-58 ect is also very fun and much easier than it was back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

so do scrolls of resurrection work with this xpack ?

• Advertisement

ven0m wrote: »
    Delevelled to 87 for exploiting ..... along with a few others who followed behind him on the sub 5hr lvl90's .....

Quite :eek: my realm stayed up & jam free last night despite the HUGE population overload in SW before it hit launch.

Was quite annoyed at the realm first professions all being completed in under 2 hours ....... didn't seem right that even the crafting ones were done in that. Also, in under 12 hours seeing monks at level 89 & 90 just makes me :(

Mostly anyone who started last night with a degree of seriousness is 90. Alot of my lads have been farming dungeons since afternoon.

I know I'm planning to hit the levelling at 8 and be 90 at some time early morning. Although looking at my remote login, its taking some time. Estimated login going up to 500 min, down to 60 and all over the shop. Started in like 1890 and now down to 1340, after an hour : /

Hopefully ready to go by the time I'm home :)

Also they outlined very early on that levelling would be quicker, and that they are organising content to be delivered fast and prompt throughout this expansion.

At this point, 8 years in, end game is where everything is, levelling is a ****ing burden, and they finally realise that

Think you misunderstand me - I expect the hardcore dudes to level like mofos, but seeing 1-90's already in well under the 12 hours is just nuts by any standards, especialling seeing as you can't really go 85-90 in under 4 hours without using one of the exploits that's seen the banhammer glow red hot, which leaves < 8 hours for the 1-85 stuff, & 80-85 right now is still around 2-3.5 hours no matter what way you cut it. Incredibly heavy going none-the-less.

I've zero intention this time of speed levelling. No raids for two weeks, so going to enjoy levelling (even though I did 85 - 90 on the beta) & getting my professions done as I go, along with my pet battle levelling (seeing as last night I got my first pet up to 17).

I've only one character to worry about now since I canned my mage, Shaman, DK & rogue.

Two hours in Q from rmeote login in work

Disconnected during drive home

Back in 2 hour queue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

TheDoc wrote: »
    Two hours in Q from rmeote login in work

Disconnected during drive home

Back in 2 hour queue

:mad: thats quite the kick in the testicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah ive been randomly DC'd and have to go back into que usually when logging back in fast, however when relogging im never in a que higher than 600 and it usually ticks down really fast (within 5mins).

Unlike red ice who has been getting random DC's and then put back into ques of 1800+ :eek:..

Were both on outland too, id love to know how the que system works, prior to today i thought it was only people logging in for the first time will have to que and quick relogs get back in instantly, but now ive no idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Man outland blows :P

Idiot here thought the release was last night. Not Monday night. So logged in yesterday after work, around 8. Strolled around, leveled before i hit bed.

And do you know what, I'm actually pleasantly surprised. I had fun leveling. Zones seem polished. Storyline [i have a tendency to read and listen to all quests n sh*t] was acceptable. Nothing was particularly hard [actually i was just cruising around with FOK and Leeching Poison all night].

I had fun. Ran the two dungeons available. Seemed fun also. Ive also been ignoring gear as it is quite a lot lower than my DS HC gear but i expect that to change at 87/88.

My server was fine. No lag, except the airstrip with ridiculous re-spawn rates].

All in all, even though I am personally all about end game pve, I am having fun, looking forward to the next few days of leveling and profession training, and then grinding dungeons for HC gear at the weekend.

Also, I didnt see a huge economy jump. From what i remember there was a huge leap between bankroll/costs/reward value from WOTLK to Cata [IMO] but this seems to be pretty much the same as Cata. I was afraid my 200K gold was gonne be useless :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

got to 86 last night. was extremely tough on ravencrest, a heavily alliance based server. as soon as i got out of the horde starting area, allys were everywhere. every questing zone had about 20-30 allys running about killing any horde they saw. i had to stealth around everywhere, was good fun though but very time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

considering resubbing :(

DRakE wrote: »

AFAIK Scrolls still work.

DRakE wrote: »

You and me both :(

Any game time come with the expansion?

• Advertisement

7 days free with scroll of res. pm me your character name and realm and i will sort you out.

froog wrote: »
    7 days free with scroll of res. pm me your character name and realm and i will sort you out.

Does the 7 days begin from the time you send it to me or when i activate it?
    I cant remember from the last time i used one.
    I just dont want to activate it just yet until ive more time to commit.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I can't understand how some people level so fast... It really makes me wonder...

Level 90s popping up in such a fast time was just nuts. I don't know about other servers but mine got so bad for a few hours on Tuesday night that it was unplayable. That sorted itself after a while and shortly after people were hitting level 90 already.
    I played for about 2 hours on Tuesday and a good while yesterday. I wouldn't consider myself hardcore by any standards but I was fairly at it.
    No downtime, quest and move on straight away. Ok I mined when I saw a vein but that wouldn't have made too much of a difference.
    Ran a few instances with only the one wipe but still I am only 86, ok fairly close to 87.

It's madness I tellz ya. MADNESS!!! I think I'd rather just enjoy the game and the quests than just hitting accept and rushing into them. Some of the quests are actually very funny and had me laughing at times :)

Anyway, thus far the expansion has a thumbs up from me so far but I'm only in the second zone. We'll see how it continues.

Noxin wrote: »
    I played for about 2 hours on Tuesday and a good while yesterday.

Erm, yesterday WAS Tuesday. :P

[TBH just idling in the office waiting for work to finish.....]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Shougeki wrote: »
    Erm, yesterday WAS Tuesday. :P

[TBH just idling in the office waiting for work to finish.....]

Hah, ok I should have said, I was online at 11pm launch on Monday night. That failed for an hour or two. Then I had some time online in the AM. Logged off, went to bed. went to work. Played after work for the evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

How long does 1-90 take these days. I decided to start from scratch with a Panda on my bi-annual return to WoW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

I did the Temple of the Jade whatchamacallit grouped with a lvl 85 panda warrior - so I guess, about 36 hours.

Meanwhile, I am nearly lvl 86 after 5.5 years. Must be doing something wrong...

Inquitus wrote: »
    How long does 1-90 take these days. I decided to start from scratch with a Panda on my bi-annual return to WoW.

Well, we've seen monks go 1-90 in < 24 hours - not sure if they used a SoR; I'm pretty sure the sub 10hr ones have

They took an xp nerfbat to 70->80, & the cata levels has taken one too - think the best some people were saying was 6 hrs of the cata stuff. If you buy some of the new MoP blues on the AH, which you can use around 80-82, they'll see you good through to around 88 at least (the stam on them is nuts - blows away even the heroic raid gear from DS).

Would also suggest if you WANT to power level, run AV - the XP gain is ridiculous from 85 to 88, even if you lose.

Anyone know of whats changed for holy priests?

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Does the 7 days begin from the time you send it to me or when i activate it?
    I cant remember from the last time i used one.
    I just dont want to activate it just yet until ive more time to commit.
    Thanks again.

when you activate it i think.

Advertisement