Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mists of pandaria

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

i'm just kidding. i lost the roll on hc deathbringers like 15 times anyway. ****ing warriors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

TheDoc wrote: »

Money is where you make it, with effort.

Wotlk was the last expansion you will ever see where you can just " make money" without any effort. As gold making has become more mainstream, with blogs, sites, podcasts and forum, along with the likes of TSM becoming a staple addon for EVERY player, no proffession is going to make money without effort.

Gold making is so accessible, there is alot more competition

I remember when me and Witless(posts here) decided to get into Gold Making. We did some research, pooled our resources and off we went. We were meticulous and it was like a jon (I was unemployed at the time :P )

But we got our rewards, making money hand over fist. In Cataclysm it turned into a solo project and I was making thousands of gold a day, and I blew it all, on mounts, gear etc.

Now come MOP, I have the advantage of two expansions of experience, and how to analyse the market etc. Jewelcrafting, has alot of money to be made. But the problem is.

People always assumed you just got a red gem , cut it, sold it. That is not the case. So many people have this thought, that the prices crash, the demand outweighs supply. I'd hold onto JC and do the following.

Go to www.theunderminejournal.com and select your realm, proffessions and JC.

What you should note is the table with the costs for gems and you should see, like most servers, perfect cut uncommon gems are selling for the same as blue gems. On my server it costs about 1g to pickup a green gem, with a vendor sell price of 85s if cut. But, a perfect cut sells for 150g+
    • Buy a stack of 20 uncommon gems.
    • See which perfect cut sells most commonly, and for good profit
    • Cut 20 of this pattern
    • Vendor the green cuts
    • Sell the blue perfect cuts

And your in the profit. There is a very, very, simple method for profit. I get what you mean though, JC isnt raking in the tens of thousands it did for me in CAta.

But remember that patches are going to come thick and fast. Stockpile some good gems ( view pve sites to see what gems classes use most) and then come patch day go wild.

On my server the blue gems sell for 30 - 70g with a lot of competition. The perfect cuts don't general sell fast as most on the server don't realise they are an option. Now in fairness my server is medium pop with small raiding community and RP realm (I don't RP but I followed friends here to raid).

Even during wotlk the jc shuffle wasn't as profitable as other servers like Emerald Dream. Everyone who has transferred to The Sha'tar thinks it has a weird AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jonasvalent

TheDoc wrote: »
    Money is where you make it, with effort.

Wotlk was the last expansion you will ever see where you can just " make money" without any effort. As gold making has become more mainstream, with blogs, sites, podcasts and forum, along with the likes of TSM becoming a staple addon for EVERY player, no proffession is going to make money without effort.

Gold making is so accessible, there is alot more competition

I remember when me and Witless(posts here) decided to get into Gold Making. We did some research, pooled our resources and off we went. We were meticulous and it was like a jon (I was unemployed at the time :P )

But we got our rewards, making money hand over fist. In Cataclysm it turned into a solo project and I was making thousands of gold a day, and I blew it all, on mounts, gear etc.

Now come MOP, I have the advantage of two expansions of experience, and how to analyse the market etc. Jewelcrafting, has alot of money to be made. But the problem is.

People always assumed you just got a red gem , cut it, sold it. That is not the case. So many people have this thought, that the prices crash, the demand outweighs supply. I'd hold onto JC and do the following.

Go to www.theunderminejournal.com and select your realm, proffessions and JC.

What you should note is the table with the costs for gems and you should see, like most servers, perfect cut uncommon gems are selling for the same as blue gems. On my server it costs about 1g to pickup a green gem, with a vendor sell price of 85s if cut. But, a perfect cut sells for 150g+
    • Buy a stack of 20 uncommon gems.
    • See which perfect cut sells most commonly, and for good profit
    • Cut 20 of this pattern
    • Vendor the green cuts
    • Sell the blue perfect cuts
    And your in the profit. There is a very, very, simple method for profit. I get what you mean though, JC isnt raking in the tens of thousands it did for me in CAta.

But remember that patches are going to come thick and fast. Stockpile some good gems ( view pve sites to see what gems classes use most) and then come patch day go wild.

have to say i have always made money with JC it was overshadowed in WOTLK as i had a friend and my wife transmute mass amounts of saronite ore for me to make cheap titansteel maybe 130g a bar and only cost 70-80 to make with transmute available. but in cata i only had my jc and i used it as much as possible but never got into the raids to get the epic gems glad i now have a new resource to plunder for my toons monetary benifit,

thanks doc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Any active guilds out there with a few Irish heads in em?

Or at least a guild that like to completely rip the piss out of each other and not give a **** and not take things too seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

What realm ya on buddy?

two on Bloodscalp who never made it past 80. Mains are on Quel'Thalas.

Makes no odds though. Transfer is always an option or if not, re-roll.

I'm half thinking or rolling a rogue and just going out open world ganking while leveling. Might be a bit of craic..

Hadn't logged in for about 2 weeks. Logged in tonight, logged off 10 min later. The thoughts of continuing with rep grinding just annoyed me. I guess it's a little easier now with the 8 year buff.

Still, I've never been much in the way of a ganker out in open world. I think it might be time for a little change. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I havent logged in in about 2 weeks also, i leveled my monk and mage,done lots of heroics,couldnt stand the daily quests to unlock factions.
    Seems unless i get my finger out and dedicate myself to raiding ive no interest in playing.

Alt is live on Outland. McStabith is here to gank j00 all while he levels. HARRRRR!!

alli or horde?

Horde.

Just leveling slowly. Not been on much over the last week so not even in the ganking zones yet. But I believe I'll be getting close over the next day or two if I get online :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

let me know if you need some help on the horde side (gold, bags ect ect), you are going to get the beat down as the server population is like 70:30. The recent FCM was not good for the horde as we lost lots of numbers, am actually thinking of going stormscale myself.

Still though outland is a good server to play and is probably one of the reasons i still play.

In Honor capped on alliance myself, we beat on the horde! ? Alot.. ;)

nix wrote: »

Also exploit allot :) old destinite got really stung out of it with the ban and losing his T2 weapon :).

Problem with WPvP at the moment is their is no horde guild that really can do anything and destinite has some of the GM's of the horde side in his pocket.

haha yeah it was funny, the whole guilds a clown house, but good craic.

What ya mean he has them in his pocket?

Well its a numbers game on the server, alliance has them horde does not so sometimes agreements are made behind the scene to ensure there are elements of wPvP that goes on in a fair basis, rather than all out zerg.

There is one alliance guild leader who thinks and in ways is right (due to numbers) that he controls wPvP on the server. So what you have are some horde guilds who get to exists unmolested (the GM's regularly talk on battle.net ect) to an extent and some who are disliked allot.

Not that it matters, the larger horde guilds are dying and guild wPvP will eventually be gone without new players to the ranks.

I'm not worried about taking a pounding. In fact, I am expecting it due to the asshole that I intend to be.

I've not had to face it yet. When I was looking for a server, I couldn't find one with a 50:50 ratio and I got pissed off looking so I just jumped on this. I knew of plenty of servers with 80:20 / 70:30 but figured, whats the point in that?

I don't want to be running around without any red showing on my screen for hours on end. That's not what I'm looking for and will only end up boring the crap out of me. I'm looking to jump peoples back and be a complete a$$. If they decide I'm being too much of an a$$ and log their mains to kick the crap out of me for a while, so be it. That's the pleasure of being a rogue. You always have a slightly better chance of escaping the gank if quick enough. And that is my plan.

I hit 19 yesterday and forgot that I wanted my few pvp rewards from WSG. So I put a lock on my leveling and joined the queue. 45 minutes later I was still in the queue. :( not a happy camper. Maybe it was just bad timing. Or maybe there is no pvp at this level. I'll try it again tonight and see how it goes.

Once I have these two rewards (a whole 40 honor needed) I'll continue 20-28 and again get the upgraded WSG rewards and add the AB rewards to the list.

Leveling takes no time at all at the moment. However I was a bit disappointed to realise that the current 8th Anni buff is not a perma thing.
    I was enjoying that. But not to worry. I have plenty of heirlooms to keep me happy.

To the Ally on here, throw me a /wave if you see me about. But even if I am lvl 20 and you are 90, my itchy finger might kick in and I might try to attack you. Futile as it may be... I was doing it around level 10 outside UC constantly. Most just laughed. Some decided swat me like the fly I am :D

I assume your in a level 25 guild for the leveling perks?

Yea I'm in some guild called Winging It.

Seem like an ok bunch. Not chatted with them too much though as I've not had a whole lot of time to be online over the past week.

Most people level via dungeon finder these days i found when leveling my monk/lock from level 1, which would make alot less likely to have alot of fun ganking :(

• Advertisement

Dungeon finder can be fun but gets old, i find the cross realm zones have really breath some life back into zone leveling. So now rather than getting ganked by oultand folks, the scrubs from Kazzak my get you.

What did you guys think of the dungeons from 85-90, they really nerfed the exp you get and it can take ages. However as i have leveled 2 healers (druid/shammy) i did most of it in dungeons, in ways i hate them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

nix wrote: »

You beat off the horde lulz

I said on!! goddamn you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Ive finnaly run outta "Steam" with wow. Enjoyed the expansion, done the dailies,got the rep, bought the gear and now im just fed up. Leveled a few to 90 including a monk cant be bothered levelling anymore (still have a few more alts)....

The only thing i havnt done is raid....

Havnt even done LFR. Ive decent gear on my Elemental Shammy, just cant be arsed to join a raiding guild or join LFR atm.

Its not the game, its me im just burned out and fed up.

Will raiding make me play again? and do i need to read tactics for LFR? which raid in LFR should i start at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I dunno, I find raiding is all I have ever enjoyed with the game.

Whenever there is new content, I always blast through it with my main and mess around on an alt to mix things up. After a new patch, I usually do any new dailies/instances til something is achieved, but once that has happened, I only log in to raid until the next patch.

Same, canceled my sub, sick and tired of the bots in BG's and blizz's lack of any effort to deal with it. Thats about the only thing i enjoyed playing..

Also the addition of the upgrade weapons/armour **** just made the game an even bigger grindfest that i refuse to take part in, im sick of the grind.

• Advertisement

I'm still enjoying it but i think thats because i am on a PVP server, i would not be still playing if it was PVE.

I get what ya mean though about BG's as i am a healer i hate healing in random BG's so its arena or RGB to keep my interest. Although i do have a side project which is leveling a rogue for some stormwind gankings.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I'm still enjoying it but i think thats because i am on a PVP server, i would not be still playing if it was PVE.

I get what ya mean though about BG's as i am a healer i hate healing in random BG's so its arena or RGB to keep my interest. Although i do have a side project which is leveling a rogue for some stormwind gankings.

The corpse runs wont be worth it and guards running out of nowhere aggroing you will annoy the **** out of you, pair that with the ****ness of vanish. You really wont bother your arse, blizz have taken the fun out of being a stealth class :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

Gotten very tired of the new expansion. Its a good expansion, but I dont think I have the motivation for gearing up/PvP anymore.

The removal of the raid group requirement for pre-MoP raid content is a nice change in the new patch though. Allows you to farm old stuff for gear/mounts without bringing someone along with you.

I wonder will this be the last expansion? Surely they cant keep milking this cash cow forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

RodgersLFC wrote: »
    Gotten very tired of the new expansion. Its a good expansion, but I dont think I have the motivation for gearing up/PvP anymore.

The removal of the raid group requirement for pre-MoP raid content is a nice change in the new patch though. Allows you to farm old stuff for gear/mounts without bringing someone along with you.

I wonder will this be the last expansion? Surely they cant keep milking this cash cow forever!

yup totally sick of it now. it's all dailies which is extremely boring to do. i'm fed up with the game in general tbh, that kind of game is dead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Resubbed for 3 months when MOP was released,played for about 3 weeks got bored silly then.
    I dont have time to raid so cant comment on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i was enjoying it for the most part even did some raiding which i never do, but all those fecking dailies done my head in and i just got bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

Far too many dailies. Dailies take the fun out of the game completely. At the moment, I'm even considering starting a new toon and making it a level 60 or 70 twink, just to have something different to do. MoP has been better than Cataclysm but they really need to get over their fixation with daily quests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Hadn't played the game since early December due to moving and sorting out my internets. Before that I just managed to get the iLvl for some LFR and ran a couple of dailys. Done some PVP and got some gear there. I'v seen and heard a lot of negativity about the game, the daily rep grind and all that craic but I have to say after nearly a 2 month break I am really enjoying it.

I don't really give a toss about raiding outside of some LFR and if I pick up a PUG so be it. I'm looking forward to 5.2 when I can x-realm raids, albeit a tier behind everyone but it works for me. I personally don't bother pushing dailys, I will do a few mins of them every other day when I feel like it and get the rep up over time. Felt good to just login and play for 2 hours and just log off. Done an LFR and a few BGs, might do a few scenarios later in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Sadly, I'm quite enjoying the dailies. I find them very relaxing. Got to revered with The Klaxxi yesterday and was all chuffed at myself. :o

Just doing Order of the Cloud Serpent (I'm about 1000 off exalted - hurray), klaxxi and golden lotus dailies though. Golden Lotus rep is very slow. Got to exalted with Tiller ages ago and am about to get the cooknig bell thing to train a pupil for 50 ironpaw tokens - that should be fun :)

Also, quite enjoying the pet battles and collecting, even though at first I thought it sounded stupid. The new achievement "raiding with leashes" is great - 12 new pets dropping off Vanilla raids that are (mostly) solo-able. Really enjoying trying to get that.

Scenarios are good fun too, especiall with guildies when you can just mess around and have a laugh. Queueing randomly they can be over quite quickly because people just want to get through them for the gear etc

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    The new achievement "raiding with leashes" is great - 12 new pets dropping off Vanilla raids that are (mostly) solo-able. Really enjoying trying to get that.

Good post Murdy, i hear allot of complaints from folks saying there are to many dailies to do and there probably are but at least there is a bit of variance for folks to pick and choose.

I am interested in this achievement what exactly is raiding with leashes?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭chazbat1

There are pets that drop from old raids and when you collect them all you get the raiding with leashes achievement....

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Calhoun wrote: »

I am interested in this achievement what exactly is raiding with leashes?

Farm old school bosses, who now have a chance to drop a pet. Collect all eight i think is the achiev. Bosses are in Blackwing Lair, Molten Core, and AQ.

Just started gearing my druid. Do the Dominance Dailies is pretty much it while waiting for a HC. The extra rep for being second toon is great :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Raiding with leashes - you collect 12 pets that drop from old raid bosses. It you get all 12 you get a new pet called Mr Bigglesworth. I want him so bad :)

I did Naxxramas and didn't get any of the pets (Grr) Then did Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (which was originally a 40 man raid) with my husband and got 2 out of the 3 pets (Yay!) Will be going back next week when the raids reset

It was actually really good fun doing the raids the two of us, some of the bosses are tricky on your own due to their mechanics. We had to actually discuss tactics rather than just press buttons, even though I'm a lvl 90 and he's lvl 84. I did Naxx with 2/3 guildies who were doing them for the achivements so that was fun too.

So at the moment I'm on 2/12 of the pets - it needs a bit of work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have gotten back into the game a bit more myself lately.

Friend ahs teased me with the idea of RAF levelling on his horde server, so might do that, aswell as a few of the old guard in our guild coming back.

We might raid yet by god!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Just did RAF with a friend, leveled horde characters on Kazzak! Server is amazing, org is packed even at 4am!

Altho its 90% horde on the server! Great for leveling tho, seeing as it is a pvp server hah :p

• Advertisement

Akarinn wrote: »
    Just did RAF with a friend, leveled horde characters on Kazzak! Server is amazing, org is packed even at 4am!

Altho its 90% horde on the server! Great for leveling tho, seeing as it is a pvp server hah :p

It is amazing when.you go from a low.pop to high pop server completely changes the fun factor .

Advertisement