Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mists of pandaria

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

They can spout what they want.

Still douchebags, i couldnt give a toss about how good they are.
    They are probably the best 5-6 MMO players to ever play the games they play.

Compared to who? the average Joe that has a life?
    No doubt they are fine players but wheres the proof they are the top 5-6 to have ever played those games?
    Pretty sure some of the Koreans would be well up there.

You have to remember most people on Twitch these days are because of SC2 and LoL, and have no idea of some of the absolute bosses on there. Kungen is one of them

Kungen is a decent guy and skilled for sure but man do you talk him up something shocking :)
    I enjoy his streams when he isnt streaming his voice comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dcully wrote: »
    Still douchebags, i couldnt give a toss about how good they are.
    I'd like to know what you thought was douchey, typically they are fine and the only time they get big headed is when people are flaming Kungens chat
    Compared to who? the average Joe that has a life?
    No doubt they are fine players but wheres the proof they are the top 5-6 to have ever played those games?
    Pretty sure some of the Koreans would be well up there.
    What? Your aware there was a pretty intense high end raiding scene in vanilla, tbc and wotlk right? And even still now.
    They were each respectively recognised as probably the best of their class, innovated the builds that became cookie cutter and were ahead of all simulations and being innovative.

They were also the first players for WoW to earn a salary and be considered "professional"

Korea where never anywhere in WoW ranks, play, or ability, and only last expansion when pretty much 3/4 of Europe and half of USA got banned, did Stars come onto the scene
    Kungen is a decent guy and skilled for sure but man do you talk him up something shocking :)

Its hardly talking him up, everyone who plays WoW knows Kungen, especially people who were interested in the scene. He led the games most succesfull guild and he was easily the best tank and Warrior in the game. He was selected, with his guild, twice by Blizzard to showcase raids at Blizzcon.

Its not talking him up, there is nothing to talk up, he is quiet possibly the most famous person in WoW.....easily....

Also, pet hate of mine, "...who has a life" has nothing to do with it, at all. You could be putting half the time into a game and still be ten times better then someone else, time investment has little to do with it.

What? Your aware there was a pretty intense high end raiding scene in vanilla, tbc and wotlk right? And even still now.

lol yes ofcourse.
    Its hardly talking him up, everyone who plays WoW knows Kungen, especially people who were interested in the scene. He led the games most succesfull guild and he was easily the best tank and Warrior in the game. He was selected, with his guild, twice by Blizzard to showcase raids at Blizzcon.

I didnt know anything about the blizz invites, fair play and due respect.
    I just wonder if there are other not so well known with equal ability, its the age old saying , no matter how good you are theres always someone better unless your Lionel Messi :D
    But yeah points taken.

lol yes ofcourse.

I didnt know anything about the blizz invites, fair play and due respect.
    I just wonder if there are other not so well known with equal ability, its the age old saying , no matter how good you are theres always someone better unless your Lionel Messi :D
    But yeah points taken.

Im just happy he is back...

I love watching streams, and WoW was just PVP or towliee, now there is a genuine old school legend back playing and he has a mature demeanor about himself and its an epic insight into a top player and what will soon be a top guild again.

Of course there was be bull**** and trash talk.

It was brilliant watching them raid last night and he interacts with his chat so much,

TheDoc wrote: »
    Im just happy he is back...

I love watching streams, and WoW was just PVP or towliee, now there is a genuine old school legend back playing and he has a mature demeanor about himself and its an epic insight into a top player and what will soon be a top guild again.

Of course there was be bull**** and trash talk.

It was brilliant watching them raid last night and he interacts with his chat so much,

I watched about 20 mins of it lastnight and then went back to leveling my monk :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

I watched about 20 mins of it lastnight and then went back to leveling my monk :)

How's the levelling going? What spec did you go with? I might start a monk rather than push a 2nd character to 90. Have one level to go on my main and from what I am hearing its fairly grindy at 90 so might chill out with an alt from scratch. I have all the agility leather which is a shame because I'm leaning towards healing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

FYI 25m raiding in heroic blues, while not knowing everything about the fights is f***ing hilarious. Really enjoying it :D

witless1 wrote: »
    How's the levelling going? What spec did you go with? I might start a monk rather than push a 2nd character to 90. Have one level to go on my main and from what I am hearing its fairly grindy at 90 so might chill out with an alt from scratch. I have all the agility leather which is a shame because I'm leaning towards healing on it.

Level 54 already to my surprise :eek:
    As soon as i hit lvl 15 i spammed dungeon finder as healer.
    At lvl 30 i got my second spec and went tank for a few runs but now im healing 100%.
    No more than 3-4 mins wait and im in a dungeon.
    Since most people are well geared with heirlooms etc its a breeze and the xp just flies in.
    Im loving the healing mechanic of the Monk Mistweaver,really fun to play.
    Since about lvl 45 ive being mixing up the leveling with questing and dungeons and its nowhere near as painful as i thought it would be after so many characters run through the game.
    I could be wrong but quest xp seems to be increased, can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

witless1 wrote: »

You should totally do that, where will you be leveling? Might drop along to tease you :P, i.e kill your quest npc's ect.

Also Niall needs to return the favour from that time you ganked him :P

Absolutely in the horrors for waht to do next.

The valor from dailies and dungeons is so low, and rep gain from dailies is so slow, there isnt actually much time for alts. This is genuinelly a put **** loads of time into your main start to an expansion.

I've got a Shaman and Paladin that I want to have as my holy trinity of 90 raiding characters. ( with my warlock)

I've got a Priest I want to level ( was a priest in vanilla and tbc, want one again)

I've a rogue I want to max

Monks are imba, I want one

I've got just about every other character to max

I ****ing love a new expansions, so much to do, **** all time to do it. I think I'll keep cracking at my main, put in some alt time where I can, but that alt being either the Priest or the Monk, so levelling in Pandaria doesnt get immediately monotonous.

And I got a BoE epic cloth helm last night drop, onto AH, 20k to the hand, boom. Thank you very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Im in the same position, there is so much to level its crazy and how to pick a main/main alt is a pain in the ass.

I want a plate melee wearer as a main so i have the option of Pally or Warrior both at 85 i am probably going to go with the war as its allot of fun.

For main alt i want to heal but i have one of every healer at 85 and its difficult to decide which one i want to play (exception being the monk).

Allot of good fun in the expansion i love allot of the quality of life changes they have made and the expansion of achievements and mounts to all chars as it expands the list of mains i could have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

Could do with some advice from the newly minted 90's here.

So, I levelled my drooid to 90 as feral and ofc it's great fun being a self healing single target killing machine for questing and rep, my heart lies with healing on this char. Did a couple of normal dungeons as dps kitty and while it was enjoyable to shred and bleed, it lacks in more ways from my point of play-enjoyment.

Is there an effective way of swithcing to resto at this stage apart from gathering JP gear from each faction??
    Bear in mind, I only ahve a couple of hours late at night to play atm, coz I burned most of my brownie points levelling to 90 -

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah i got my War to 90, bit lost on what to do, so just been doing the golden lotus/cloud serpent dailies when i can and then hopping on my mage alt to level.

Not sure what else is worth grinding on my warrior :(

I personally found the levelling experience difficult this time around in comparison to Cata. I put in decent sessions of 4-5 hours at a time but between being on a PVP server & quest bugs & fighting for spawns in some areas it slowed it down. The early quests while enjoyable took a lot of time to complete, watching the cut scenes and the RP quests where you take over someone in the story. Knowing that level 90 is a grind fest for rep / gear I'm intending to level my second 90 when 5.1 comes out. At that stage they should have made a few changes to ease the levelling process and make alts a viable prospect. I will prob do a few dungeons on my alts just to get some handy XP before I really level them but until then a Monk beckons. Might get bored of it after a few levels and just grin and bear the grind to a 2nd 90 but we will see!

Could someone whos experiencing endgame maybe comment on how monk healers are doing for raiding compared to holy priests?
    Im putting in a lot of effort leveling the monk but just wondering how effective it will be endgame pve?
    Otherwise i could lvl my 85 priest.

It all seems a mess now tbh, they will fine tune it as they always do after each expansion. I just wish they done all the testing/balancing themselves... Instead of waiting for us to do it and charge us for it.

If you're enjoying monk, then keep playing them :)

Could do with some advice from the newly minted 90's here.

So, I levelled my drooid to 90 as feral and ofc it's great fun being a self healing single target killing machine for questing and rep, my heart lies with healing on this char. Did a couple of normal dungeons as dps kitty and while it was enjoyable to shred and bleed, it lacks in more ways from my point of play-enjoyment.

Is there an effective way of swithcing to resto at this stage apart from gathering JP gear from each faction??
    Bear in mind, I only ahve a couple of hours late at night to play atm, coz I burned most of my brownie points levelling to 90 -

Besides running up JP to buy stuff, I'd advise keep going at Kitty DPS and grab healing gear when appropriate.

Its rare you see a resto druid these days in heroics to be fair, but with Monks there is an increased INT leather loot table

Could someone whos experiencing endgame maybe comment on how monk healers are doing for raiding compared to holy priests?
    Im putting in a lot of effort leveling the monk but just wondering how effective it will be endgame pve?
    Otherwise i could lvl my 85 priest.

Monks are very competitive

Priests are literally in bits at the moment and havn't transfered well.

It says alot that probably the best Holy priest in North America re-rolled a Monk....

@witless1

We are about to max all proffs and get the new pants heirlooms. Recent hotfixes have fixed most of the quest bugs.

Planning on levelling a Monk myself, just toss up between actually levelling a current 85 or the monk from scratch :D

I hate that the classes are even more alike now, priests, druids and mages able to vanish now for example..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Enjoying DK. Frost 2hand feels similar to cata just crit is more important. Blood is in a good place due to the quality of life changes e.g. blood boil refreshing diseases.

I'm enjoying the new talent system as I can swap between remorseless winter and Gorefiends tendrils on the fly. Mass Deathgrip FTW :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm never going to escape am I? Just bought the digital version of Pandaria and have revived my long dormant Warlock. Things have changed a lot.

I'm never going to escape am I? Just bought the digital version of Pandaria and have revived my long dormant Warlock. Things have changed a lot.

Warlock changes are one of the reason I'm enjoying wow again so much, I'm pretty much blowing meters apart

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

should ding 90 on my combat rogue tonight. had a few pvp world encounters with same level people the last few days, my rogue gave an excellent account of himself. no sure what people were moaning about with the supposed rogue nerf. i guess it's balanced for 90?

not sure what to do when i get to 90. farm heroics to get gear level up for raids? heard people talking about dailies with the four factions a lot. is this step needed for gearing up? not sure i want to grind dailies. the gear seems VP point expensive, like one bit of gear every two weeks or something.

Dailies give you rep gear, some of which can be bought for gold rather than VP/JP.

The dailies are quite annoying. between the three or four factions available at the start, there is about 8+ quests on average. Then when you get Golden Lotus to revered it opens another three or four factions......

Shougeki wrote: »
    Dailies give you rep gear, some of which can be bought for gold rather than VP/JP.

The dailies are quite annoying. between the three or four factions available at the start, there is about 8+ quests on average. Then when you get Golden Lotus to revered it opens another three or four factions......

Its a decent gating mechanism though, that makes sure you dont find yourself with nothing to do quickly.

I've slotted into the routine quickly, basically have a look at the various factions and see which ones you want to do first.

Really though, youll be doing Golden Lotus and Klaxxi.

They also give you Valor points, as do scenarios, so you get to mix it up a little with getting valor points.

Well worth taking the time to get yourself a pre-raid BIS list from heroics, thats what I did and I run a specific dungeon when I can along with randoms, and I've gotten very lucky with in that my list is almost done :)

Just down Sha the world boss.

Thrilling fight, mostly because horde where trying to make us wipe.

I got only gold from boss, but used a token to get an extra loot roll and won a PVP ring :)

My problem is I get home from work at 6ish, raid invites at 6:45, finish raiding about 11pm. Work in the morning means i dont have that long to do Klaxxi, Lotus & Serpents.... Last night i decided just do Klaxxi :P

And with another raid night tonight hoping to clear 25m, I probably wont get to do them tonight either. At least there is only 1 Feral Druid in the raid along side my rogue for leather drops, and a lot of stuff seems to drop twice or three times per boss.

In regards to the Sha, something that is really annoying is that if someone tags other tanks can taunt and make him disappear. Or at least that messing was going on on my server at the weekend.

Shougeki wrote: »
    In regards to the Sha, something that is really annoying is that if someone tags other tanks can taunt and make him disappear. Or at least that messing was going on on my server at the weekend.

I saw a few reports of being able to bug it through taunting and going out of LoS using the likes of a rogues smoke bomb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Lads with the LFR can someone clear up some things for me as I quit before DS and never did LFR.

With personal loot, system rolls in the background and decides if people get loot. Others get gold bag. So if I only get the gold bag, does that mean i can keep running those bosses that week until I get a piece of loot?

I know on the old system if the boss was killed and dropped loot you were locked out from future loot if you ran it again.

Advertisement