Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mists of pandaria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lads with the LFR can someone clear up some things for me as I quit before DS and never did LFR.

With personal loot, system rolls in the background and decides if people get loot. Others get gold bag. So if I only get the gold bag, does that mean i can keep running those bosses that week until I get a piece of loot?

I know on the old system if the boss was killed and dropped loot you were locked out from future loot if you ran it again.

You get locked out for the week.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1197534-Official-LFR-Compilation-FAQ-amp-Tactics

Explains it best, basically

You kill boss
    System does a roll, and assigns relevant gear to winners
    Everyone else gets gold

You kill boss
    System does a roll, and assigns relevant gear to winners
    You use a token
    You get another system roll
    You either get gear from the table, or you always get gold, flasks/pots and possibly a gem.

Shougeki wrote: »
    In regards to the Sha, something that is really annoying is that if someone tags other tanks can taunt and make him disappear. Or at least that messing was going on on my server at the weekend.

All that got hotfixed, rogues using smokebomb was the big one, but its fixed now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Not liking the world bosses. On a pve server here, we had a 40 group up as horde for galleon and was a handful of alliance. They attempted & failed gettin like 10% , summoned more while we had a go. However when they seen it was going down, they runnin in with pvp tags, gettin our guys pvp tagged then takin em out. We repaid the favour a few times even with them gettin it down to 1% before resettin but they were always gettin the tag, with alliance already havin killed him this week before too i beleive. So went on like this for 3-4 tries and they eventually got the kill :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Thats what world bosses are all about though..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just resubbed after a year away. Damn you cute furry panadas....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

So whats the general concensus about this game? Horrible like Cata? or are players generally happy with the content and changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

So whats the general concensus about this game? Horrible like Cata? or are players generally happy with the content and changes?

i think it's a great expansion. lots to do, and i mean lots, plenty of heroics, raids, scenarios and factions to keep you going a long while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I hit lvl 84 lastnight on my Panda Monk,really looking forward to maybe hitting 85 tonight and seeing some of the new zones.
    I havent set foot on them with any of my 85 toons so it will all be new.
    I must say the starting zones graphics and artwork were a marked improvement on the rest of the zones as i leveled up,are the new zones of similar quality?

Dcully wrote: »
    I hit lvl 84 lastnight on my Panda Monk,really looking forward to maybe hitting 85 tonight and seeing some of the new zones.
    I havent set foot on them with any of my 85 toons so it will all be new.
    I must say the starting zones graphics and artwork were a marked improvement on the rest of the zones as i leveled up,are the new zones of similar quality?

they're amazing. like being in a new game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Agreed. Im quite happy with it. My only gripe is there is too many damn dailies. Everything looks great. Raiding IMO the bosses so far have all been fun. We trying boss #5 last on 25m and it was god damn hilarious.
    LFR is ridiculously easy and gives people a look at bosses [albeit not the mechanics].
    Havent had the chance to slap Galleon around yet, as the spawn timer blows.

Might roll a panda over the weekend. As i have a main rogue im not sure if ill do a monk [lvling as tank/healer would blow], but still gonna check out the starting area.

• Advertisement

I'm very happy with it, has surpassed all expectations so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

After finally upgrading my system and maxing out all gfx settings I can see Pandaria for what it really is. B.e.a utiful looking zones!

So far I'm enjoying it very much. I've hit a 90 Pala but decided (after an already fair amount of grinding dailies) that I'd rather play a ranged character so I'm not totting along with my huntard.

Quest-wise I enjoy it a lot. Good stories being told and plenty of humor that I've found so far. Fights are a happy medium. Some easy but some are pretty tough and are not even elites at times.

There are a few bugs that russell my jimmies at the moment but that is with all new expansions and I'm sure they will be fixed soon enough. I seem to get randomly dismounted while flying - which can be a pain as it usually leads to a long fall and insta death. Corpse run is annoying and depending where I die, can be impossible to get to.

Instances are good fun. Some tactics involved in a few of the boss fights which I like. I hate fights that make you watch your CD's and just spam for max dps.

Not really done much pvp yet. I do one or two a day with my huntard just to make some some honor.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.

If your a priest in WoW, news aint looking good.

Clearly suffering in raids and PvE in general.

Healing specs are falling way behind in raids. Most Priests (in decent guilds) being left out or benched. Alot of the top Priests have RE-rolled to Monk, just to get into raiding spots!.

The DPS spec aint any better, with most Priests falling nearly 20% behind the rest, and making them an instant drop out.

Yet Blizzard blue posts indicate that
    Shadow AoE damage is so low, there are some fights I've seen healers do more damage. Is there any intention to fix this?
    We want priests to multi-dot a lot in AE situations, not just spam Mind Sear.

Shadow priest single target DPS seems very low. I've been sat on heroic Feng because of this. Anything to help would be great.
    Shadow single target DPS is fine. AE might be low.
    Healing priests are DIRE in raids, completely ignored our concerns in beta saying it will be fine, devs sold us down the river
    Priests got a lot of raiding use this week. Why do you feel ineffective?
    10-15% behind all specs in output, requires near perfect play to keep up.
    Output isn't a great way to evaluate healing. Overhealing, hot sniping, whoever heals the tanks just having stronger HPS...

So much troll :)

TheDoc wrote: »
    If your a priest in WoW, news aint looking good.

Clearly suffering in raids and PvE in general.

Healing specs are falling way behind in raids. Most Priests (in decent guilds) being left out or benched. Alot of the top Priests have RE-rolled to Monk, just to get into raiding spots!.

The DPS spec aint any better, with most Priests falling nearly 20% behind the rest, and making them an instant drop out.

Yet Blizzard blue posts indicate that

So much troll :)

Glad i rolled a monk and resisted the temptation to rush to the new zones on my priest.
    My monk is now lvl 88 and im thoroughly enjoying its healing style.
    Also enjoying leveling up and questing more than any expansion in the past.
    As much as im sure the monk will now be my main healer i cant help thinking i might lvl my shammy as its the only healing class ive yet to get to 85,id realy like to see how they play as healer.

id realy like to see how they play as healer.

An interesting style of healing, and if I'm honest pretty enjoyable.

Unfortunately they are also in bits this expansion.

No doubt these problems will be resolved, but I'm put off levelling my Paladin and Shaman, to instead level a Warrior from scratch which is actually proving alot of fun going through the old world again questing.

An interesting style of healing, and if I'm honest pretty enjoyable.

Unfortunately they are also in bits this expansion.

No doubt these problems will be resolved, but I'm put off levelling my Paladin and Shaman, to instead level a Warrior from scratch which is actually proving alot of fun going through the old world again questing.

how do you find the early levelling zones with CRZ? much ganking?

froog wrote: »
    how do you find the early levelling zones with CRZ? much ganking?

World is definitly more popualted with CRZ which is cool.

I havnt died to a gank yet, Warrior with heirlooms just minces through anyone, probably why so much fun to be fair. But yeah, been a fair amount of attempted ganks

World is definitly more popualted with CRZ which is cool.

I havnt died to a gank yet, Warrior with heirlooms just minces through anyone, probably why so much fun to be fair. But yeah, been a fair amount of attempted ganks

cool, think i prefer it like that. last time i levelled through the early zones i didn't see a soul for days sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

It's ironically funny the state of shadow priests, this was highlighted repeatedly in the beta and every time they said shadow would be balanced at 90, despite raid reports pointing to the contrary. I knew this going into the expansion and knew that I wouldn't be raiding, bit of LFR & PVP is what I am after, had I been serious about raiding my lock / elemental shaman might have been considered. It's frustrating to see that 3 out of the last 4 expansions have shown major problems with shadow priests that were not addressed within beta and took months to address in live. In TBC the scale issue was never addressed largely because of the mana based utility, in Wrath the scale issue wasn't addressed until late Ulduar / start of ICC (I switched to disc for months) and Cataclysm they managed to get it right to the point it was semi OP but initially it was horrible for AoE, I do remember being sat out for some initial heroic progress because of that. I wouldn't mind being a certain % behind everyone else if the utility was still present but right now every class is the same. I rolled a dwarf shadowpriest for 3 reasons, fear ward, mana battery and passive group healing. Each expansion has taken one of those reasons away, it's hard to connect with a spec that has changed that much, I think I leveled the character out of loyalty more than anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

I'm very happy with it, has surpassed all expectations so far

Yeah me too, loving it. The zones(excluding the dread wastes, horrable place) ,music and quests are fantastic.

Miles better than cata. Though the daily quests at 90 are a bit of a pain. But all in all a great expansion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

witless1 wrote: »
    It's ironically funny the state of shadow priests, this was highlighted repeatedly in the beta and every time they said shadow would be balanced at 90, despite raid reports pointing to the contrary. I knew this going into the expansion and knew that I wouldn't be raiding, bit of LFR & PVP is what I am after, had I been serious about raiding my lock / elemental shaman might have been considered. It's frustrating to see that 3 out of the last 4 expansions have shown major problems with shadow priests that were not addressed within beta and took months to address in live. In TBC the scale issue was never addressed largely because of the mana based utility, in Wrath the scale issue wasn't addressed until late Ulduar / start of ICC (I switched to disc for months) and Cataclysm they managed to get it right to the point it was semi OP but initially it was horrible for AoE, I do remember being sat out for some initial heroic progress because of that. I wouldn't mind being a certain % behind everyone else if the utility was still present but right now every class is the same. I rolled a dwarf shadowpriest for 3 reasons, fear ward, mana battery and passive group healing. Each expansion has taken one of those reasons away, it's hard to connect with a spec that has changed that much, I think I leveled the character out of loyalty more than anything :)

I went shadow last night due to excessive healer and low ranged dps signups and found that mana is a non issue. Never went below 80%. My dps on stone guardian tries varied between 45-60k, depending on who I got chained to and if hymn was needed. My dps on trash shot up to 80k. This was in reforged healing gear and healing trinkets.

If there could be a swap made between holy/disc and shadow mana management, it could be the best OP class ever

Really enjoying levelling my warrior!

66 at the mo, pity that Alliance keep loosing at AV, its AV weekend?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

Loving the new expansion. Levelled my paladin to 90 first, now 88 on my warlock. Demo warlocks are so much fun since the expansion hit - not competitive with affliction dps-wise I've heard, but the rotation and spells are just great. Really enjoying the warlock changes.

Can anyone tell me whats the best PvP class at the moment? Someone told me that BM hunters are pretty nifty, any other suggestions? I'm not a healer btw.

Really enjoying it aswell but im hating the rep system.
    I mean to gain access to even start gaining rep with two factions i need,i have to first gain revered with the golden lotus faction whom i have no interest in gaining rep with just sucks.

The rep farming is a pain in the god damn ass. They should really have named it "Dailies of Pandaria". Didnt log in over the weekend as i had better things to be doing, but having to do what an hour and a half or so of dailies every god damn day.

Aye the rep farming sucks, the only one worth doing that actually moves fast is the cloud serpents dailies, i gave up grinding the golden lotus as you know blizz will increase the rep gained per quest in a future patch making it much easier.

So i see no point in doing a quest that grants 150 rep when blizz will alter it down the road to have it give 600.. I'll have fun with my pvp and wpvp instead ;)

nix wrote: »
    Aye the rep farming sucks, the only one worth doing that actually moves fast is the cloud serpents dailies, i gave up grinding the golden lotus as you know blizz will increase the rep gained per quest in a future patch making it much easier.

So i see no point in doing a quest that grants 150 rep when blizz will alter it down the road to have it give 600.. I'll have fun with my pvp and wpvp instead ;)

Yeah im thinking of abandoning the ****ty dailies too.
    I also might stick with the cloud serpents to get that mount as the quests only take 10 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Yeah im thinking of abandoning the ****ty dailies too.
    I also might stick with the cloud serpents to get that mount as the quests only take 10 mins or so.

Quick question. If I get rep and mount on one toon, is it available from the mount selection screen for another who does not have the rep?

No when you get exalted with cloud serpents you learn cloud serpent riding, so your other chars would need to have it too, the mount would be available, you just wont be able to use it as your alt wouldnt have the riding skill.

Its an easy grind though, ive got exalted on my rogue and war..

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »

Problem is some of it is BIS in slot until after Heroic MV

Advertisement