Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self service laundrette UCD

Options
  • 22-10-2011 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all, I'm a UCD postgraduate living in a studio off campus. Can anyone give me an insight about the laundry service in UCD? I normally wash clothes and hang it outside my place but now that the winter is coming I think I should find somewhere to use the drier service. Is it possible for a UCD student living off campus to use UCD laundry facilities? And if it is, where I could find the service, any procedure/ rules to follow and how much is it to use?
    Thanks in advance for your helps! =)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Hiya

I lived in Glenomena last year, and the launderette is open 24 hours a day. Access into Glenomena if you're not a resident though, is restricted from 2200-0600.

You go in the Merville gate, and keep walking straight forward, round a corner a little bit, and it's right in front of you. I can't remember how much it is.. I think it's about €4 for a wash and €2.50 for a dry or something. Each one takes 45mins. The room is open all the time, so I assume that these facilities are open to everyone, as there (or was) no swipe thing for Student Cards.

There is also launderettes in Belgrove and Roebuck residences, but I've never used those.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Roobaroo

Hi beardedmaster, thanks very much for your reply! Went to Glenomena on Tue but the driers were down so I took a chance on Belgrove, was lucky that the door was open so I had no problem. Will definitely use the UCD laundry again. Thank you! =)

Advertisement