Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere a bit different...

Options
  • 22-10-2011 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭

I fancied a change of scenery , so here are some screenshots from a recent flight in Papua New Guinea. Scenery by Scenery Tech Landclass and Pacific Island Sims (Raw Grit Extreme Bushtrekker).

Saidor (SDR) to Nankina (NKN)...15nm distance.

Take-off from Saidor (elev. 75 ft):
    png1.jpg?t=1319287175

Nankina (elev. 5,350 ft) - checking out the runway:
    png2.jpg?t=1319286991

Between this picture and the next, I actually managed to "lose" the runway as it dipped behind the ridge when I turned downwind, with nearby higher ground and clouds, getting back on track was a bit tricky.

Final approach to Nankina. Note the horseshoe-shaped depression in the top of the hill:
    png3.jpg?t=1319287226

Parked at Nankina:
    png4.jpg?t=1319287308

Having a lot of fun with PNG. It mountains and density altitude combined with the performance of the J-3 make for the challenging flying.

Stork

Advertisement