Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amp will play cds but not dvds

• 22-10-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone can explain what could be wrong here. I've a Sony 5.1 system. It's playing cds grand but when I insert a dvd I either get an error message saying "no disc" or a code that means the disc is dirty or nothing at all happens. The discs aren't dirty as they play on other equipment I have. I was wondering can anybody give me advise to help me fix it.
    I think it's a DAVS300and it must be close to ten years old, it owes me nothing but I don't want to put it into retirement unnecessarily!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The DVD uses a different laser to the CD so it's probably gone or dirty. You could try using a cotton bud to clean the lens and the track. Sometimes the grime builds up and stops it tracking smoothly.

Advertisement