Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4S - best network

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

One of the aspects of Vodafone I like is the flexibility with the tarriffs. So, if I sign up now to one plan, if it's too much for me or it doesn't suit me, I can change it after a few months and then as often as I like after that. Does anyone know if any of the other networks allow this same flexibility? Or if I sign up on a price plan, am I stuck with it for the next 2 years?
    That and roaming costs are becoming the big deciders in which network I'm gonna choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

alexboard wrote: »
    You're right, seeing all the post about their bad 3G coverage and now that I know why, got me fired up again and called them this morning with a definite resolution to get out of this sub standard network. Also submitted an inquiry with Comreg.
    They can take their phone back and all the bling extras like roam with 3, great but 99% of my time I use the phone in Ireland and that is where service and coverage matters. Rest is bull**** if they can't get the basics right.
    I will keep you posted on how it goes, next call in 24 hours ....

Cool, I hope it goes well for you, make sure to let us know how it goes, it might give hope to other people stuck in a contract with terrible networks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Upgraded Friday to 4S on 3. Have noticed a definite improvement in moving from 2G to 3G. Travelled from Malahide to Sligo this weekend and had 3G most of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Mr.S wrote: »
    3 (billpay) are hands down the best network for the iPhone, IF you can sustain signal.

So basically if you live in Dublin you'll be grand.

After that, i'd go with meteor.

Rubbish statement re coverage by Three, I travel with my job and have 3G coverage on my phone most of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Walkman wrote: »
    Rubbish statement re coverage by Three, I travel with my job and have 3G coverage on my phone most of the time

I'm on three for the past year with ip4. Fab signal most of the time, tethering is handy, bill always around €42. Only goes over the 40 bill due to mistakes pressing voicemail. Jelly sms and hullomail apps save a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

nightster1 wrote: »
    I'm on three for the past year with ip4. Fab signal most of the time, tethering is handy, bill always around €42. Only goes over the 40 bill due to mistakes pressing voicemail. Jelly sms and hullomail apps save a lot.

Do three not charhe for using tethering on the ip4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Do three not charhe for using tethering on the ip4?

No charge on bill pay. All you can eat data too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Do the meteor plans include tethering. I don't know why meteor just don't shut down their own forums as they never answer any questions on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Probably a stupid question here, but anyway I am on bill pay with Three on iP4 since june, do i need to wait the 2 years to upgrade to the 4S or can this be done for a price? Staying with three of course.

Also would anybody know what meteors signal is like around south dublin for Iphone, does 3G be available most of the time? killiney and areas around etc.

cheers!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Probably a stupid question here, but anyway I am on bill pay with Three on iP4 since june, do i need to wait the 2 years to upgrade to the 4S or can this be done for a price? Staying with three of course.

Also would anybody know what meteors signal is like around south dublin for Iphone, does 3G be available most of the time? killiney and areas around etc.

cheers!

22 months on a 24 month contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Anyone know the price of a 32gb on connect 35 12 month Meteor?

Stupid CC or the store today didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭selekta

Two questions regarding Three:

—when they use Vodafone fallback, is 3G/EDGE available? It wasn't when I tried them last year.

—do they unlock iPhone 4S early in the contract run?

Thanks.

selekta wrote: »

—when they use Vodafone fallback, is 3G/EDGE available? It wasn't when I tried them last year.

Thanks.
    You can't roam on Vodafone's 3G network - 2G only. A lot of people have been reporting issues with the phone not returning to 3's 3G network, requiring an aeroplane mode toggle.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

selekta wrote: »

Thanks.

Edge/GPRS when 3G not available.
    No, they won't unlock early unless you pay off your contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

I'll be getting a smartphone tomorrow. From what I've seen 3 is the best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Undeadfred wrote: »
    I'll be getting a smartphone tomorrow. From what I've seen 3 is the best?

Hopefully your smartphone will show the date on 2 year old threads

guil wrote: »
    Hopefully your smartphone will show the date on 2 year old threads

Nothing wrong with reviving an old thread

Nothing wrong with reviving an old thread

Yes there is, zombie threads shouldn't be opened again.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Yes there is, zombie threads shouldn't be opened again.

Can you tell me how to start a new thread then? They've changed the site a bit and now i cant find the 'new thread' button

Top left corner on the main page, new thread button

whiterebel wrote: »
    Top left corner on the main page, new thread button

it aint there bruv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

it aint there bruv

You're trolling now at this stage. You were easily able to find the new thread button in other forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement