Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blizzcon? anyone?

Options
  • 22-10-2011 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

i only found out its on this weekend...

i guess not playing wow and SC2 for awile made me to forget about it :(

i am watching some of the stuff from yesterday. some interesting stuff!

i could not care less for WOW anymore, but D3 and SC2 has some awesome stuff!

anyone else watching it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

PANDAS

****ing wow

new sc2 units look good though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

PANDAS

****ing wow

new sc2 units look good though

i have to agree... i know about pandarians as a race in wow since original war3 tft, but i though it was i horrible choice for expansion, when there are way cooler parts of lore to explore...

watching the costume contest. 90% are females lolololol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

WoW is long dead, i'm sure their will be a huge steep decline in subscriptions when gw2 comes out. Really looking forward to Diablo 3 though, looks like a really polished fun game like sc2 was

KilOit wrote: »
    WoW is long dead, i'm sure their will be a huge steep decline in subscriptions when gw2 comes out. Really looking forward to Diablo 3 though, looks like a really polished fun game like sc2 was IS

fixed that for ya :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

KilOit wrote: »
    WoW is long dead, i'm sure their will be a huge steep decline in subscriptions when gw2 comes out. Really looking forward to Diablo 3 though, looks like a really polished fun game like sc2 was

theyve thought about that, if you sign up for a years subscription of WoW you get diablo 3 free
    should help slow the decline in subs

• Advertisement

theyve thought about that, if you sign up for a years subscription of WoW you get diablo 3 free
    should help slow the decline in subs

Pathetic attempt at flogging a dead horse, what were they thinking with that dumb ass panda expansion, looks rubbish. a year subscription is 140€ or so and even at that i wouldn't fancy a free game if it meant i had to fork out that much for a dull game. Blizz are quaking in their boots at Guild Wars 2 and clutching at straws

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

guild wars? who gives a **** about GW's, its all about the star wars one brah, atleast thats what im seeing.. I didnt even know there was a GW's2 until you mentioned it :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

nix wrote: »
    guild wars? who gives a **** about GW's, its all about the star wars one brah, atleast thats what im seeing.. I didnt even know there was a GW's2 until you mentioned it :eek:

You should definitely check it out. GW2 is shaping up to be something special. As is The Old Republic, but GW2 is definitely looking like it might be a competitor (i realise i've said that before, about other games :pac:).

As for this expansion, it looks like they are clutching at straws, but they'll still keep 8+ million subscribers. Warcraft may be losing a lot of its charm (and player base) but it is stil, unquesntionably, the king of MMO's.

I am, went straight to google after seeing kiloits post, is it free to play like the first GW's? I never played it.. GW2 does look pretty slick and polished, does it focus on pvp or pve mostly?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I am, went straight to google after seeing kiloits post, is it free to play like the first GW's? I never played it.. GW2 does look pretty slick and polished, does it focus on pvp or pve mostly?

Yeah, free to play again. I never played GW myself either, but have been following GW2 with much anticipation. It's looking, graphically if nothing else, like the best MMO on the horizon. And GW had a big focus on good PvP, but also has a lot of PvE content afaik.

The thread on the MM forum has loads of info and video's about it as well.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61706909

• Advertisement

Guild wars 2 wasn't even on my radar till i seen one of the pve boss fights,
    jump to 2mins in

Check out some of TB's pvp coverage, he says himself the games amazing.

It does look pretty slick i have to say, pvp looks like how pvp should be.. mayhem!

Great, now i have to get a new rig :eek:

right.... even if i really dont give a feck about WOW, this really becoming GW thread....

today so far nothing interesting, but its Q&A about D3 soon!

Have a feeling this Mist of Pandora malarkey is purely for the china crowd, some good marketing of this expansion of over there could net them a few million extra subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Blizzard are absolutley dominating the MMO market with WOW. I dont play it anymore but people bitching about the game being to easy, and that its getting worse is silly. People bitch like that after every expansion Blizzard put out. I didnt play Guild Wars, but Guild Wars 2 does look slick alright. But with Guild Wars being free to play how much content are they gonna be able to put out? With most other MMOs your paying the monthly sub for the regular content updates. I can only see the Star Wars MMO challenging Warcraft to be honest. But that being said, that Mist of Pandaria expansion looks very unimpressive indeed.

Didnt watch any of the Blizzcon streams but im getting Diablo 3 regardless. My mind was made up to get it when they announced that they where working on it.

interesting to watch now:

showing how they biult SC2. from early early biulds with no lightning, then how it looked when they added lightining. then how units looked or which units got cut out etc.

interesting stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

People been saying for years that WoW is going to die... GW's/Warhammer/Conan etc and nothing has come close. WoW will remain the number one MMO until blizzard release their next MMO... simples.

BTW... no hints on that front at blizcon i take it ? Thought they might have announced something this year.

Magill wrote: »
    People been saying for years that WoW is going to die... GW's/Warhammer/Conan etc and nothing has come close. WoW will remain the number one MMO until blizzard release their next MMO... simples.

BTW... no hints on that front at blizcon i take it ? Thought they might have announced something this year.

not a single mentioning, and i am watching it all day now...

one thing is scaring me... this new ARCADE thing for SC2.

in the end we will be paying for custom maps, that we were getting free all the time since wc3...

i presume blizzard whats to have its own cut in the future, if something like DOTA will come out from these custom maps....

Magill wrote: »

Nah they are dying and they know it, they havent offered anything fresh in a long while, the only decent expansion they done was TBC. WOTLK and Cata have both stunk in terms of offering better content or anything new and this expansion looks like a joke in comparison to those two..

SWTOR and from what im seeing GW2 will kick the crap out of it as they are not being rushed out, not like AOC and Warhammer were, AOC was a solid game in terms of gameplay, if they just spent more time fine tuning the pvp and adding more into the end game content it would have done alot better.

GW2 looks like its pvp will carry it alone, and SWTOR will be full of content, from what im hearing anyway.

Now their super secret new MMO is another story, frankly id love to see blizz lose their bollocks, i hate the selfish route they have gone, cash cow milking ****ers..

Nah they are dying and they know it, they havent offered anything fresh in a long while, the only decent expansion they done was TBC. WOTLK and Cata have both stunk in terms of offering better content or anything new and this expansion looks like a joke in comparison to those two..

SWTOR and from what im seeing GW2 will kick the crap out of it as they are not being rushed out, not like AOC and Warhammer were, AOC was a solid game in terms of gameplay, if they just spent more time fine tuning the pvp and adding more into the end game content it would have done alot better.

GW2 looks like its pvp will carry it alone, and SWTOR will be full of content, from what im hearing anyway.

Now their super secret new MMO is another story, frankly id love to see blizz lose their bollocks, i hate the selfish route they have gone, cash cow milking ****ers..

I'll believe it when i see it... I haven't played wow since mid WOTLK, but up until that point it has been solid... WoW is just so polished compared to everything that has come out. WOTLK had some great dungeons imo.. Ulduar and Icecrown were awesome.

I think its run its course aswel, but until something better comes along it will still be the number one MMO. I've no doubt that whatever blizzards next MMO is will be top class... Blizzard are like Valve.. they just don't disappoint (Well.. for hte most part :P). I think diablo 3 will keep most people going until then ! It looks brilliant.

• Advertisement

No! Diablo 3 will be poop with that real money AH, im boycotting the mofo like i have SC2, i want you to join me Magill !! Dont buy it ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

i have to agree... i know about pandarians as a race in wow since original war3 tft, but i though it was i horrible choice for expansion, when there are way cooler parts of lore to explore...

watching the costume contest. 90% are females lolololol :p

Panda's were, initially, introduced in an Easter Egg into the WoW franchise. They have always been a joke in the Warcraft franchise (eg: Lvl 6 ability in WC3). This sums it up.

Since this thread has already been derailed -- yeah I agree GW2 will be amazing. I also agree it will mean a serious decline to WoW. I also think HotS and D3 alone will incur a big dent into the subs.

I agree with magill. I will believe when I see it.

I said before that some of those mmorpgs will give a run for it's money to wow, but it newer happened. They all died.

And no, I don't play wow for ages now...

I am off to bed so I'll check videos tomorrow.

No! Diablo 3 will be poop with that real money AH, im boycotting the mofo like i have SC2, i want you to join me Magill !! Dont buy it ! :)

lol, i wont beable to... at least until maybe next summer :P Haven't got a decent enough rig :(

Advertisement