Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Followed open NAT steps in forum sticky but still no joy

• 22-10-2011 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hello lads

I have a huawei E586 and followed all steps in the open NAT sticky but it still does not open my NAT

Anyone have experience with this WI-FI modem and setting it up with xbox 360 slim?

I'm at a loss here, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I'm not sure if mobile broadband can have a open NAT. I've heard mixed reports from friends that they got it working/ not working.

i'm not familiar with that 3g modem, but have you: opened all the required ports? set the xbox in a dmz (not sure if able to with that modem)? turn on UPnP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hector Salamanca

I'm not sure if mobile broadband can have a open NAT. I've heard mixed reports from friends that they got it working/ not working.

i'm not familiar with that 3g modem, but have you: opened all the required ports? set the xbox in a dmz (not sure if able to with that modem)? turn on UPnP?

Yeah that's the thing...I can complete all steps including dmz and UPnP but it still gives the same error "You are connected to xbox live but NAT is set to strict"

Even went through the process a couple of times incase I missed a step but each time It ended in the same result.

Don't find the E586 much good anyway because the area I'm in is too congested. Will probably pop the sim into my E1750 and use that in conjunction with an ethernet cable to get xbox live up and running.

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Just out of interest, can you open ports on the E586?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Havo

Just out of interest, can you open ports on the E586?
    Yes you can open ports on the e586, which I have also done but still can't change the nat type to open. I have also enabled upnp and set it up in a dmz but still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement