Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I remove roof slates?

• 22-10-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I'm looking to remove some roof tiles to fit insulation then re-fit the tiles. I've been told that they should come off handy enough but I can't jig it loose (don't want to pull too hard!). Any idea how these are removed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I guess it should be easier if you prise up the row above to take its weight off the tile you want to remove.

I imagine the only reason you want to do this is because you can't access the attic space from inside. Remember you (should) have a roofing felt/dpm under the tiles which will have to come off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeanoCeltic

It's actually over a side room of the house so there's no way to do it from the inside unfortunately - it's single storey and there's a ceiling inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭wwwboof

try pushing the tile up usually ever third or fourth row would be nailed if the tile you want moved is nailed go to the row above or below

you should be able to push it up with your foot

Advertisement