Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouija Board

Options
  • 22-10-2011 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy a Ouija Board in Dublin ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

Not sure where you can buy one but...

My OH made one before. He printed a picture of one off google (in sepia colour), stuck it to a piece of mdf wood and painted it with varnish. And just made a curser out of wood with marbles glued to the bottom. Got a piece of glass cut really cheaply as well to put over it. Cost no more than €10 I reckon for the whole thing and it looked really vintage and cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

30min,
    there is no such thing as a home made Ouija board, these are very special and extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. For example,
    Human blood from a dead person has to be secreted on the board and cannot be seen. The blood has to be from someone who understands the Ouija. Also, it has to have been put on the board by the person while they were alive. This in only one example, remember that. I really hope you know and understand the consequences of dabbling with the board, i'm not going to explain anything to you. Religion doesn't come into this, you will be dealing with "Death". Be very careful, very.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭30Min

bambera wrote: »
    Not sure where you can buy one but...

My OH made one before. He printed a picture of one off google (in sepia colour), stuck it to a piece of mdf wood and painted it with varnish. And just made a curser out of wood with marbles glued to the bottom. Got a piece of glass cut really cheaply as well to put over it. Cost no more than €10 I reckon for the whole thing and it looked really vintage and cool.

Varnish over the top- that's a great tip !!!

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Please google "ideo motor response" or "ideo motor reflex"

headmaster wrote: »
    30min,
    there is no such thing as a home made Ouija board, these are very special and extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. For example,
    Human blood from a dead person has to be secreted on the board and cannot be seen. The blood has to be from someone who understands the Ouija. Also, it has to have been put on the board by the person while they were alive. This in only one example, remember that. I really hope you know and understand the consequences of dabbling with the board, i'm not going to explain anything to you. Religion doesn't come into this, you will be dealing with "Death". Be very careful, very.

Hey thanks. I appreciate all the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

30Min wrote: »
    Hey thanks. I appreciate all the advice.

Be as sarcastic as you like, it's your mind and your life, not mine.

Be as sarcastic as you like, it's your mind and your life, not mine.

eh........I wasn't being sarcastic .

horgan_p wrote: »
    Please google "ideo motor response" or "ideo motor reflex"

Yeah, I've read into all that before. Its all in peoples heads.

But I won't be telling the party goers that as it might ruin the fun :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

30min,

where, prey tell, did you get this sterling advice? ouija boards were invented as a board game - in fact are still sold worldwide as a board game. whoever was telling you the human blood bit and the whole "dealing with "Death"" idea rightly took the piss out of you, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

30min,

I must agree, where on earth did you hear this? It was created as a board game. I'm quite sure there was no human blood secreted onto it back then, just as I'm sure there is no human blood secreted onto it today.

I must say in all my years involved in the paranormal and in all my years of using a ouija board that is the first time I have ever heard that.

Whoever told you that must have had a right laugh.

I really don't mean to be in anyway disrespectful, I'm looking at my own Ouija board right now and surely, no blood has been secreted onto it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

ouija-board-glow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Ruth KPS wrote: »
    I'm looking at my own Ouija board right now and surely, no blood has been secreted onto it. :rolleyes:

I dunno, those things have pretty sharp corners...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have to agree with the others. The ouija board was invented in 1890 and is made by Hasbro. I can't really imagine Hasbro having a Corpse Blood Secretion section.

OP, if you do decide to play with one just remember that anything freaky that happens is only from your own subconcious. There are no spirits involved, and nothing can harm you in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Urizen wrote: »
    I dunno, those things have pretty sharp corners...

Hehe you've probably just jinxed me!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

I have one for sale over on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

30min,

I'd say he was only having a laugh/taking the piss with that comment. Sure this forum is permanently ripe for piss taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

tbh i don't know where you can buy one

but personally i don't believe in them, so you could in theory make your own

Cracked.com, wrote something on Ouija Board's a few days ago, they give a possible explanation behind them

it's number 4
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19506_6-scary-tricks-that-amazed-us-as-kids-explained-by-science.html

Advertisement