Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First-time sole-trader looking for an accountant.

Options
  • 22-10-2011 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm looking for an accountant to help me though my tax returns as I'm completely lost, and all the help sheets in the world aren't making a blind bit of a difference.

I'm a sole trader, have good records of my very, very few transactions, etc, so it shouldn't take too long, but I do need someone soon (clearly!)

I'm in Fingal, but can travel, so any recommendation would be awesome.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bagel

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dara13

Hi,

Call <snip> They will help. Fast efficient and Friendly.

No personal telephone numbers. Take this to PM please.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jemmyboy

Just reading through this thread and I'm sort of in the same position myself. I too have a small sole trader business. I am able to handle the tax returns myself but just wondering who much it will cost for the year end accounts to be made up!?? I keep pretty good records of everything and have them all itemised in excel spreadsheets. Just wondering if any1 has a rough answer???

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

when I worked for myself, I was quoted €100 per hour:eek:. Did it my self, a lot cheaper:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kaireland

I will be setting up as a sole trader soon. I have been quoted circa €500 to use accountant services and I will be having very little income so can't really spend so much on this. I would like to do my own accounts, tax return and so, but I don't know how to. Could you give me some guidance? I don't really think I need an accountant as my entrees will be very basic. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

kaireland wrote: »
    I will be setting up as a sole trader soon. I have been quoted circa €500 to use accountant services and I will be having very little income so can't really spend so much on this. I would like to do my own accounts, tax return and so, but I don't know how to. Could you give me some guidance? I don't really think I need an accountant as my entrees will be very basic. Thank you.

Can I ask what business you're in?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭The Jaw

I have dealt with a guy based in Carlow but comes up to Dublin 2/3 times a week. Charges me € 60.00 per hour. or thereabouts. Sound guy and seems to know his stuff pretty well. Saved me a couple of bob already,

PM me if you like and I will send you details.

Advertisement