Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error 74

Options
  • 22-10-2011 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi there, having a problem with my xbox :/ The bottom right red light is on and it says e74, anybody know is it the end? Can it be fixed? And if so, could you do it yourself? Any help would be great as the internet is down so I cant do any real research and I'm using my mobile!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

An E74 error is a hardware failure, similar to the RRoD but it has a 3 year warranty unlike the RRoD's 1 year warranty.

Have you tried unplugging it for a while, in order to cool down?
    Try turning it on an off again.
    I'm not aware of any E74 self fix as it's normally an internal fault in the GPU/ CPU.

I've had this error on two consoles before.

People claim to fix it by using the same fix as the RRoD but i'm not really sure if this works as i tried it and didn't fix it. I've fixed RRoD'ed consoles before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

Ya its had this fault for a few weeks, I'll call the helpline and they might be able to help Monday, it could be over 3 years tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

e74 is the same as rrod warranty wise
    Its covered for 3 years.
    If your out of warranty you will need to get a third party repair or buy a new one
    I you go down the repair route make sure they use a proper rework station and if they don't find someone who does.
    This thread is a good place to start third party wise the people who use the correct machines and techniques mention it in thier ads http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055478489

Advertisement