Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring recorded programmes to USB device

Options
  • 22-10-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

I have a sky+HD Box where I can record programmes but I would like to transfer these programmes from the Box to a USB device. I am aware there is a slot for one at the back of the box but I dont know how to transfer to it. Can anyone help me.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I read the quote below on digital spy it might answer your question.
    The port is not switched on in the firmware on any box and on some boxes and some versions of software even the power is not switched on - nothing you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    I have a sky+HD Box where I can record programmes but I would like to transfer these programmes from the Box to a USB device. I am aware there is a slot for one at the back of the box but I dont know how to transfer to it. Can anyone help me.

the usb on a sky box in not enabled.
    the only way of backing up recordings is by using a dvd recorder or vcr.

(or copy+, :eek::D) when changing hard drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

You should look into a video grabber for your pc or laptop, they usually come with software and leads to connect video output from a scart or composite out to the pc. You play the program from your source and the pc will save it on your pcs hard drive. Not sure of the details but it sounds like a cheap way of doing it, Lidl had them for €25 so they should be available elsewhere for roughly the same price.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0036ISO9M/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3/276-3888572-6365925?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_r=1H9MC035XAAHMAN0W9RR&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_i=B00062UQPG

Not saying it will work but it's worth investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 void2500

I had a similar thread up before, the only way to get the recordings out from the Sky box is to use a dvd recorder or video capture device, both are very time consuming.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74288490

Advertisement