Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 mobile m.boards problem

Options
  • 22-10-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a a LG optimus 7 with WP7 running mango. Since the windows update I have been having some problems with m.boards, some of the web pages aren't displaying correctly. Some are cutting off parts of the screen and just displaying the page with a white border. I think this is because before youtube video didn't work before so somehow it didn't make a difference. Its also when someone posts a link or anything without spaces. This is not really not as bad as the other issue which is the screen shaking. It just seems to be random pages. Others have mentioned it on the Magno update thread. I have a vid of this below. Probably nothing that can be done but no harm in asking.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How come you dont use http://touch.boards.ie/ ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

The screen shaking looks to be device specific, I have an iPhone, HP TouchPad and a Samsung tablet running (2.3.3) here and can't reproduce it.

There is nothing funky in the code for m.boards that would cause this.

I would have to familiarise myself with the m.boards.ie code to see what's causing the cut off on the posts, but at the moment we just wouldn't have the time to look into what seems to be an device specific bug.

As Davy said have you tried http://touch.boards.ie/ it's pretty awesome on touch screen devices and keeps me sane on the morning commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Davy wrote: »
    How come you dont use http://touch.boards.ie/ ?

I tried it a while back and preferred the old version. But looking at it now most of what I suggested on the touch boards thread was fixed/changed. One thing about m.boards is the colour. It's a lot easier to make out the poster and which text is quoted.

Thanks

Looks good, nice job.
    Some things I'd like to see

The box the posters names and picture is in to be dark blue and quoted text to be a darker blue like m.boards.

Show what number post it is.

Instead of having to reply to a post then delete the quoted post, just have a box down the bottom that can be clicked and reply, like m.boards. Not sure if there is another way but I can't see it.

There's a problem with the optimus win 7 mobile that at the top the search is covered by the forum button. Its not a big deal really.

Thanks

/Edit also not a big issue but when viewing a forum like this one its shows like this.

Boards.ie Touch (134)
    Last poster:Jet Black3 min ago

Would it be possible to show on the second line either

Last poster:Jet Black 3 min ago
    or just

Jet Black: 3 min ago

Not a major issue

Thanks

/Edit would it be also be possible to have -home forums Subbed new usercp on the top of every page. I have to go to a thread before I can click forum to access my subbed forums.

Another thing I've noticed is there seems to be something wrong with the reply box. The first letters get cut off after typing and going into the second line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The screen shaking looks to be device specific, I have an iPhone, HP TouchPad and a Samsung tablet running (2.3.3) here and can't reproduce it.

There is nothing funky in the code for m.boards that would cause this.

I would have to familiarise myself with the m.boards.ie code to see what's causing the cut off on the posts, but at the moment we just wouldn't have the time to look into what seems to be an device specific bug.

As Davy said have you tried http://touch.boards.ie/ it's pretty awesome on touch screen devices and keeps me sane on the morning commute.

m.boards has served me well the last couple of years. Easy on my bad mobile cap, lots of entertainment and reading. Touch works flawlessly on the phone and is the way things are going. I'm going to give touch another go, think its just the rose tinted glasses.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement