Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad news everyone!

Comments

BUT I DON'T WANT HIM TO GO!!!!!!!!!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Atta boy Matt, start the contract renewal hardball early :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Haha - good one Matt! I knew he was good at comedy, but he's seriously stealing the show here.

If it were true, in some crazy cruel world, I'd pay a supplement to keep him on! If every viewer gave him just £1 I imagine he'd stick around..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

probably gona be one of the few people here who's happy about this :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nah there's two of us. Circle the wagons! They never attack at night you know. :)

It could also mean that the BBC are taking a year break with production of Dr Who?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Did anyone else immediately go 'Cause guess who?!' when reading the topic title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Did anyone else immediately go 'Cause guess who?!' when reading the topic title?

No, my first thought was "Ah balls, Torchwood's been renewed".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'll believe it when I see the BBC announcement. Seems like he's just saying he has one more year on his contract, which no doubt the Beeb will be keen as mustard to get renewed, especially with the 50th anniversary around the same time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'll believe it when I see the BBC announcement. .

That's my line :(

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

Hopefully there's more left in him than just a year, the guy isn't on our screens two years yet. Unless he means one season and a few 2013 specials - which I hope isn't the case, it would mirror Tennant's era a little too much and there's the danger of "3 seasons + a few specials" becoming a "standard". I'd much rather see him to four or five full seasons. Besides, a few specials instead of a full season seems a rather underwhelming way to celebrate the 60th anniversary, better stop before I go too off topic.

Here's to hoping that Matt will stay a little longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I imagined a face-change around the 50th anniversary for the longest time, it strikes me as the best way to celebrate what it does well and regeneration is in the top-2, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I love Matt smith, I think his Doctor is brilliant but at the same time I think him moving on wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Quit while he's ahead so to speak. Like with Rory and Amy (although there's rumours saying they'll be back, I'm tying to stay spoiler free this year so haven't bothered researching it). I love them as characters and companions and I miss them but I think their exit was perfect for them and came at a good time so if they gave the Eleventh Doctor a suitable exit in a year I'd be happy with that rather than him sticking around for a few more years and getting a rubbish exit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭cython

Seems to be an innocent comment blown somewhat out of proportion: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a347936/matt-smith-not-quitting-doctor-who.html
    Doctor Who star Matt Smith has indicated that he has no plans to leave the show.

Last week, a video emerged of the actor stating that he was keen to pursue a career in Hollywood after "another year" of the BBC sci-fi drama.

However, in a new interview quoted by What's on TV and other sources, Smith claimed that he does not want to give up his "wonderful" role.

"I love playing this role, and I don't want to give it up any time soon," he insisted. "We work very long hours every day for nine months. The schedule is pretty brutal, but I'd never complain about it."

Smith - who turns 29 today - added that he feels "very lucky" to have been playing the Doctor since 2010.

He explained: "In the current climate for actors, I'd never say, 'This is too much [work]'. Quite the opposite, in fact. I'd say, 'Bring it on'."

Doctor Who will return to BBC One this Christmas for a festive special.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm not sure if it's Doctor #11 I love, or Matt Smith, because the man rocks. I suspected it was just an innocent comment, or reference to his current contract. 4 more years!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Poor Wibbs :p

Advertisement