Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clearing hazel and scrub

• 13-10-2011 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Clearing hazel and scrub in the winterages. The Deere was almost lost inside in it :D
    brushcutterinblackthorn.jpg
    brushcutter.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

13spanner wrote: »
    Clearing hazel and scrub in the winterages. The Deere was almost lost inside in it :D
    brushcutter.jpg

The most severe machine that was ever put on the back of a tractor, Many's the hour i spent vibrating away to that yoke!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

The most severe machine that was ever put on the back of a tractor, Many's the hour i spent vibrating away to that yoke!!
    I'd say you wouldn't be long choosing between that and the wrapper! :D how did the bales go for ye this year?

I'd say you wouldn't be long choosing between that and the wrapper! :D how did the bales go for ye this year?

Grand now, No break downs apart from a wheel bearing in one of the tractors. Crops way heavier too and it all seemed to end fairly fast. Id say he's a happy man. Howd yere silage season go??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Grand now, No break downs apart from a wheel bearing in one of the tractors. Crops way heavier too and it all seemed to end fairly fast. Id say he's a happy man. Howd yere silage season go??
    Grand now bar a late night in Gort. Wheel bearing in the baler gave up on us. We wouldn't be packing anywhere near the amount of stuff ye would!

Grand now bar a late night in Gort. Wheel bearing in the baler gave up on us. We wouldn't be packing anywhere near the amount of stuff ye would!

That wasnt too bad so, Hes only doing about 12k bales a year but we have to draw in the most of them and spend a lot of time turning hay and thing's aswell. The rake took a look of the slavery out of it. Very rare we'd stay going after 11 at night, Its as good as a second baler!! As for the packing....theres a good chance ye are doing a better job;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

brushcutter.jpg

What's the machine?

just do it wrote: »
    What's the machine?

Its a seppi mulcher for mulching up hazel and scrub, Just back away and it will make dust of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭easymoney!

hi,
    is that were you out winter the cattle?? looks good and stoney and dry!

easymoney! wrote: »
    hi,

Tis indeed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

easymoney! wrote: »
    hi,

Tis indeed!!
    Never seen 1of these before
    How does it cope with an odd stone/rock sticking up in the middle of scrub

• Advertisement

You could back into a boulder with it and you wouldnt break it. All the flails are recessed in around the drum so you cant break them either. Its made out of unreal heavy stuff. I work for the man that owned it and he traded it in and bought one for the digger instead cause it was too severe on the tractors. He used to have it on a 6610 and honestly I dont think it was able for it, It would make the tractor cut out before it would break!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Would hungry cows not keep the hazel grazed down over the winter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Bog Man 1

You could back into a boulder with it and you wouldnt break it. All the flails are recessed in around the drum so you cant break them either. Its made out of unreal heavy stuff. I work for the man that owned it and he traded it in and bought one for the digger instead cause it was too severe on the tractors. He used to have it on a 6610 and honestly I dont think it was able for it, It would make the tractor cut out before it would break!!
    Did he buy it off

http://www.greenequipmentsupplies.ie/. That Seppi equipment looks to be well made.

pakalasa wrote: »
    Would hungry cows not keep the hazel grazed down over the winter?

Not really, They just kinda stick to tracks going through it. The might eat some of the young shoots while they are coming but still not enough to keep it at bay. A lot of lads spray the stumps with roundup after cutting and I think it kills them but I dont know how good it works. 13spanner did a lot of it last year so he could say!!

Bog Man 1 wrote: »
    Did he buy it off

http://www.greenequipmentsupplies.ie/. That Seppi equipment looks to be well made.

To be honest I never asked him but it could be them. I know a fitter came up from that side to set it up on the digger. Ya their equipment is very well made but is expensive. I think the mulcher for the digger was around 15k but could be mistaken. Picture of it here on another thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056212709&page=26

Advertisement