Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Need A Licence To Busk

Options
  • 22-10-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Do You Need A Licence To Busk BTW im 13 :):confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

In Dublin you need a licence and in Galway you need one but apparently they don't enforce it. Not too sure about other cities. In a lot of towns you don't need a license but it's best to check with the city/town council first.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

What is the process in getting a licence , i play a small bit of guitar and am thinking of busking if i can get a singer to make a few quid for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Promise me you wont play Fast Car, any Beatles song or Wonderwall.

I know they're out there to make a few quid but I'm sick of buskers playing the same cliche tunes.

haha i wouldnt have the skill level , i was thinkin early bob dylan stuff , keep it simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Zero1986 wrote: »
    In Dublin you need a licence

There's no licensing system for buskers in Dublin, you don't need one!

so if i grab my acoustic and go stand outside the local shop and start blasting out "jesus dont want me for a sunbeam" am i well within my rights to drop my hat on the ground and keeps what it catches?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

OP I busked several times around Templebar late at night and never got any trouble. Made about 60euro over 4 hours each time, not bad at all, I say go for it. The worst thing I've ever heard that happened to any busker is just being told to move it along somewhere else.

now all i need is a singer, has anyone seen kurt cobain about he hasnt returned my calls in years , i think hes avoiding me

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Sweet wrote: »
    There's no licensing system for buskers in Dublin, you don't need one!

there is, its rarely enforced tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

there is, its rarely enforced tho

Are you sure? We checked all of this out, we even went to a Garda Station and were informed that no licensing system exists.

Advertisement