Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Parents Marriage Cert

• 22-10-2011 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Im trying to track down my grand parents marriage cert. My family came from Drogheda. Im trying to get the marriage cert for Thomas Dignam and Catherine Weldon But its very diffcult to trace them they both passed before 1901 and its not easy to find out were Thomas Dignam came from. If anyone can help me out please drop me a line.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

You said on your other thread that they married about 1870.
    There's a Catherine Weldon marriage in the civil index for 1870 in Ardee. The other people on the page can be viewed on Ancestry but none of them are a Dignam. The other men were called Thomas Byrne, Richard Rogers and Patrick Hoey. Do any of those names sound familiar?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dignam

No I tryed that marriage cert but i think the spelling of the name is wrong or the marriage wasnt regiseterd. I came accross one in Offaly Thomas Deignan married Catherine Whelan. But on my grand birht cert it says that her mother was a Weldon. Could Whelan and Weldon be a mistake. And I found one death cert for Thoams DIGNAM FOR 1899 IN Dublin if his wife died could he have moved to Dublin. Thre is also two Thomas Dignams one remarried and it matches up with the years. Or on the other hand the couple might not have married but it says on Thomas Wife Death cert that they were married

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dignam

Hi here is my Dignam website link on Ancestry.com through the message board you can also search for other people on this website

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.dignam/43.1/mb.ashx

Advertisement