Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

study???

• 22-10-2011 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

how many hours are people doing for the Leaving ? how are they sorted with covering their courses for each subject?? need advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

orla52 wrote: »
    how many hours are people doing for the Leaving ? how are they sorted with covering their courses for each subject?? need advise
    I'm doing about 4 hours study... a week! Fml, I'm gonna get like 5 points :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How much you need will depend on you.

Some people have a god basis in their Junior Cert., missed very little school since Junior and have listened in class intently and have done every piece of homework and classwork like it was an exam question. Such people don't have to study much as they already know the material.

Only you can judge how much you need to do and comparing yourself with others without knowing where they are coming from is pointless.

For each subject, decide which one you need to work most in, draw up a timetable and stick to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I do about 4.5 hours an evening (Monday-Thursday). I do about 5 hours on a Saturday and about 2/3 on a Sunday!. Say i'll be boosting it to about 6 hours this week as I have pre-mocks all this week! :'(.. FML but it'll be ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

How much study should you be doing?

As many hours as it takes you to achieve the grade you're looking for in all past paper questions of the subject you're studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I do about 4.5 hours an evening (Monday-Thursday). I do about 5 hours on a Saturday and about 2/3 on a Sunday!. Say i'll be boosting it to about 6 hours this week as I have pre-mocks all this week! :'(.. FML but it'll be ok!

Are you joking? I'm not doing anything. Jesus christ I need to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 CPFC IRL

How much study should you be doing?

As many hours as it takes you to achieve the grade you're looking for in all past paper questions of the subject you're studying.

best advice anyone could get

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm getting properly into studying this week . I'm going to do 4 hours everyday and I have a timetable where I do certain subjects each day. I'm writing a plan of things I will study on specific days to keep me on track really so I won't spend 10mins wondering what to study. I'm a repeat so most of my courses are covered apart from English which I'm taking up and Economics. Start early thats all I say, the time goes by fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

I feel so idiotic after reading a few comments. D:
    god I must start studying tomorrow. O:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

First time I've seen you around in a long time PictureFrame, good to see LC hasn't eaten you whole!!

I'd do about 2 hours including my (really tiny, thankfully) amount of homework each day, but I know I work really solidly for that two hours and I'd easily get an Irish essay written up and two chapters of a science revised in that time. The only issue arises is that I hate working past 9 o'clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

i was doing an hour or 2 a night put we had our midterm test last week and now i couldnt care

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 orla52

how much homework would you usually get though because i can easily spend 3.30 - 9pm on homework and then im shattered

Advertisement