Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well done Katie Taylor

• 22-10-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Five in a row :)))

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Fair play to her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Facebook was good for something, found a stream of the fight... Well done Katie, very impressive throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Well done Katie, Olympic gold next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Well done Katie, Olympic gold next

+1, because I have tickets for the Final! Go Katie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Congratulations Katie. Legend in Irish Sport, of that there can be no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Odds on her being on the Late Late Show next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Substantially better than RTE bothering to send a camera to cover her fights. Mind you I'm sure they'll hop on the bandwagon for the Olympics and then forget about her just in time for the Europeans again. Still, they need their budget to pay for Fair City.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭lolie

I'd sooner watch katie on the late late show any day of the week instead of uk reality show rejects. Doesnt get half the praise she deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

She gets great recognition in fairness,she's been on shows like late late,tubridy etc many times, is on a tv ad and always gets mentions, she is amazing but I don't know why people act like she's ignored

Well done Katie, legend

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

+1, because I have tickets for the Final! Go Katie.

Will have to qualify for the Olympics in next year World Championship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

cowzerp wrote: »
    She gets great recognition in fairness,she's been on shows like late late,tubridy etc many times, is on a tv ad and always gets mentions, she is amazing but I don't know why people act like she's ignored

Well done Katie, legend

Ok, just answer this.... How many of her fights have you ever seen on RTE? She is without doubt our finest athlete and her achievements speak for themselves but RTE would rather pay Amanda Brunker or Dana to "manage" a junior football team than send a camera crew to cover Katies fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Ok, just answer this.... How many of her fights have you ever seen on RTE? She is without doubt our finest athlete and her achievements speak for themselves but RTE would rather pay Amanda Brunker or Dana to "manage" a junior football team than send a camera crew to cover Katies fights.

I would love to see more but there is other elite athletes in other sports that you might never see-i doubt anyone as elite as Katie but my point is everyone thinks she is awesome, she gets great praise and recognition and is pretty much famous, all this and she is Amateur, i think thats getting recognition. maybe RTE could do more but overall she gets plenty of appreciation and applause.

Nobody underrates her.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I agree with Paul. If anyone does not know Katie and the talent she has and the achievemenets she has earned then they really have had their heads in the sand. Bottom line: Some people don't care about boxing, and some don't even care about sport.

So, she gets the recognition she deserves from those in the business, and also by the educated and sensible and appreciative sports fan. Yes, I would like to see more on the tv of her fights, but RTE are a business, and the shows they show are decided on the viewers. It really is that simple.

If that show is some crap that me and you believe to be crap, so be it, but if many many more people think it's entertainment, then RTE will show it, and I wouldn't criticse them for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Been trying to find katies boxing record without success where is it?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

From her page on wikipedia.

Year Tournament Venue Result Event
    2005 European Amateur Championships Tønsberg, Norway 1st 60 kg
    2006 European Amateur Championships Warsaw, Poland 1st 60 kg
    2006 World Amateur Championship New Delhi, India 1st 60 kg
    2007 European Amateur Championships Vejle, Denmark 1st 60 kg
    2008 European Union Amateur Championships Liverpool, England 1st 60 kg
    2008 World Amateur Championship Ningbo, People's Republic of China 1st 60 kg
    2009 European Union Amateur Championships Pazardzhik, Bulgaria 1st 60 kg
    2009 Russian Multi-Nations event St. Petersburg, Russia 1st 60 kg
    2009 European Amateur Championships Mykolaiv, Ukraine 1st 60 kg
    2010 European Union Amateur Championships Keszthely, Hungary 1st 60 kg
    2010 World Amateur Championship Barbados 1st 60 kg
    2011 European Union Amateur Championships Katowice, Poland 1st 60 kg
    2011 European Amateur Championships Rotterdam, Netherlands 1st 60 kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

She is well on her way to be greatest amateur boxer record ever in Ireland,the Olympics will clinch it for her

Advertisement