Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fireworks

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

just checked apparently they are only illegal if in a public place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

whats grafon?

Grafton street, Dublin city centre? Someone mentioned city centre earlier..

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

MarkD09 wrote: »
    Grafton street, Dublin city centre? Someone mentioned city centre earlier..

but which city were they talkin bout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

i bought a few of those bats, but the flexible type, worse than the solid ones lol got them in czech repub. for 4 euro a piece lol!!!!!
    Im going again in november, pm me after the 10th and i might have a few, just give me the cost price....

Dont see how they are much use, if you pull it out in a scrap you better hope it doesnt get pulled out of your hand, then you are fooooked ....

brass knuckles(knuckle duster~)are much more effective, but only to be used on scummers and tracksuit (lacoste) wearers ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

italodisco wrote: »
    i bought a few of those bats, but the flexible type, worse than the solid ones lol got them in czech repub. for 4 euro a piece lol!!!!!
    Im going again in november, pm me after the 10th and i might have a few, just give me the cost price....

Dont see how they are much use, if you pull it out in a scrap you better hope it doesnt get pulled out of your hand, then you are fooooked ....

brass knuckles(knuckle duster~)are much more effective, but only to be used on scummers and tracksuit (lacoste) wearers ;-)

cheers mate i will pm then...:D

i think tbh if you pull it out if some ***** try and mug you, alot of them would back off and give you a chance to leg it. obviously if you pull it on 4 or 5 lads trying to attack you, you are deeply ****ed. its a decent option for peace of mind and use it as a last resort i think.

didnt really get a look at the stalls but thought there may be some in the tools section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Success

sorry jesus cant help you now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Currently in Bristol and over here all the main supermarkets have them for sale and there is pop up shops that only sell fireworks. I haven't heard a single firework been let off as of yet despite the huge sales drive over the last two weeks. People are saving them for Guy Fawkes night. They aren't banned so people don't go as mad trying to get them.

There is always that thrill for people to be doing things they should not. They should be made legal in Ireland. The rules just need to be strict, its a challenge 25 policy in most shops here, big fine for buying fireworks for under 18's and an offence to posses them in a public place. Also if you buy from the main shops your guaranteed that they meet British safety guidelines not some crappy Chinese import you get your hands on in a market stall in the fair city.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

****ing **** heads letting off screamers here all night and still going. Have it in my mind to find them and stick those screamers up their holes and light them. I like fireworks, but theirs a time and place. not 1:30am on a week night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Bad news fellow boardees, it looks like a coup has started in D17 the place has just erupted with small arms fire with some heavy artilliary. There are fires in the distance and the sounds of general mayhem. My thoughts are with our brave security forces who would seem to be out gunned at the present time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Just like clockwork every year, hell brakes loose on the onset of darkness!

There seems to be a lull in the fighting rumours are filtering back about a ceasefire agreement till at least the rain stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

4leto wrote: »
    Bad news fellow boardees, it looks like a coup has started in D17 the place has just erupted with small arms fire with some heavy artilliary. There are fires in the distance and the sounds of general mayhem. My thoughts are with our brave security forces who would seem to be out gunned at the present time.

About fucking time, now we'll show those Greeks how to do a proper job.

It's erupted again there will be a new government by midnight. But its to early to declare my allegiance, I will compose a poem for whoever wins.

Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.
    Fireworks to right of them,
    Fireworks to left of them,
    Fireworks in front of them
    Volley’d and thunder’d;

Storm’d at with shot and shell,
    Boldly they rode and well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

4leto wrote: »
    It's erupted again there will be a new government by midnight. But its to early to declare my allegiance, I will compose a poem for whoever wins.

Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.
    Fireworks to right of them,
    Fireworks to left of them,
    Fireworks in front of them
    Volley’d and thunder’d;

Storm’d at with shot and shell,
    Boldly they rode and well

Duke Nukem is just doing a bit of mopping up in Listowel, but it'll kick off again when the lads come back with more burning tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Yes! I hear drops outside :D Might have the miniature rambos scuttle back under their mammies aprons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Maybe it'll end like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fireworkking23

everyone just buys them in newry :cool: sum gaurds sell them to freinds/family :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Fireworks are grand for 2 minutes then ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭philip132

any1 know the prices in jonesborugh market now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

philip132 wrote: »
    any1 know the prices in jonesborugh market now?

Some discussion on it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1206

thats just a list of threads

and if its the one that im thinking your talking about look at the last post and answer the questioin please

Advertisement