Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice please

• 22-10-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

hi guys,
    could you please help me with some advice. my pc is really old and need something new.
    i was looking at laptops but there is so much choice out there.
    i dont game online , just surf and will use an accountancy package and excel .
    i found the below for around 450 euro. any good do you think?
    thanks

HP G72-b10SA

ProcessorIntel® Core™ i3 Dual Core (350M, 3MB Cache, 2.26 GHz)Screen17.3" (HP BrightView, LED High Definition 1600x900 Resolution)Operating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bitRAM6GB (DDR3)Hard Drive320GB (7200 RPM)Optical DriveDVD Rewriter (Records DVDs 8x & CDs 24x & Dual Layer Super Multi)GraphicsIntegrated (Intel® HD Graphics with up to 1274MB Shared Memory)Wireless LANWireless (802.11b/g/n Wireless) Network Card10/100Mbps Fast EthernetIntegrated WebcamIntegrated Webcam with MicrophoneCard Reader5-in-1 card reader (SD//MS/MS-Pro/MMC/xD-Picture card™) USB Ports3x USB 2.0 portsBluetoothVersion 2.0SpeakersIntegrated Altec Lansing Stereo SpeakersVGA Port1 External VGA PortKensington LockKensington lock slot Charge Time2.5 HoursHDMI1x HDMI PortWarrantyHP Pavilion 12 Month Warranty (Also use for Consumer Compaq's)Battery Life2-3 Hours (up to 3 hours with power management)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

HP suck. There's to many on here with problems.

Sticking with 17.3 inch screens....

Acer €500 delivered (Some people don't like Acer, I have the 7741 Model and it's a Tank, no problems.)

Asus €485 delivered

Nice Toshiba, €411 delivered.

Go Harvey Go...Samsung isin't a bad offer.

All of them have better chips than yours, less RAM but more than enough for what you want, same or bigger HDD.

Read reviews before you buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's all about the Asus...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 uxak

thanks guys

Advertisement