Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal transfer engineering to ag science

Options
  • 22-10-2011 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Basically I want to swap from first year engineering to ag science omnibus in January.

I have the points needed.

Do the modules conform, ag science students study economics, maths, physics and chemistry, i am studying all of them except for economics.

Will a gpa of 2 do (pass everything), because i am only studying 6 modules in sem1, yet they say i need at least 50?

The admissons office and the programme office have not been helpful, just giving me a load of waffle.

Will i be given a guarantee that i can change in january (if i pass my exams)?

"UCD students may apply to transfer to semester 2 of the same stage of a similar programme at the end of semester 1. Offers are made subject to availability of places, compatibility of programmes and meeting the entry requirements for the target programme."

^that is what it says on the ucd website, are the courses similar enough?

basically i want to know will i be allowed to change, yes or no (no one in ucd can give me a straight answer what a surprise! :mad:

thanks a million

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Have you gone to see your Student Adviser? They might be able to help, and they know how the process works. The Ag Science programme office should have Programme Manager for the Ag Science programme, and they should know what's needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tipptop1

they weren't of much help :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The student adviser or the programme office?

In the case of the programme offices you might find they'll be more inclined to help if you call in person. It's harder to ignore someone standing in front of you than ignore an e-mail. You could also ask who the Programme Director or Programme Co-ordinator of the Agricultural Science programme is, or look it up on the web. Failing that, e-mail the Dean of Agriculture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Try contact Ros.Mcfeehly?? (forget exact 2nd name, ask any friends in ag) she's 1 yr ag adviser iirc. Not sure but i reckon you might be okay to as biology subjects etc dont begin until after christmas iirc. Get onto it quick though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tipptop1

ya i've been onto him thanks, you should change your username though:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement