Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs and...Jogging

• 22-10-2011 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

I like going jogging to try and burn off my food and beer belly.

The dogs will go too which slows me down a bit on the downhill parts but dont mind that...

Dogs are a jack russel and a english springer spainel...

I Wouldnt want to push them too hard,, Any thoughts on this?

I usually just jog from home up the hill (not anywhere near roads) so they have the choice whether to follow me or not..sometimes they dont...

But if i wanted to take them off in the car to jog somewhere else then they wouldnt have a choice... and i wouldnt want to be going jogging with them if they werent really up for it!!!

The longest i would be out would be for 90mins at a relaxed pace.. They seem to be ahead of me on the uphill bits but lag behind a bit on the downhill bits (four legs?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

How old are they?

Springer is well able for it and more if hes anything like mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

Jack Russel is 2 and Springer is 8...

Springer had a bit of a limp a year ago but we put him on synoquin and he hasnt limped since..

I suppose ill be jogging less outdoors anyway with the onset of winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

My girlfriends 15 year old cocker used to come hiking with me up until last summer, 4/5 hours up the wicklow mountains and she never stopped running!! both of them should be well able for it id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Springer spaniel will run with you and then look at you in disgust when you come home :p

Time for a second run says he

So you end up resenting the dog ;)

Advertisement