Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird ATM situation

• 22-10-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

weird situation today. went to an atm and I knew I had 20.34 in my account. went to withdraw the 20 and first the machine accepted that but no money came out, the same happened to the person after me. checked my account again and it said the amount was still in there but when I went to other atms it said insufficient funds.

also earlier I had tried to withdraw 50 as if can overdraft if you have so much in and Im paid every thursday from work but it said insufficient funds.

Its just odd that I couldnt at least withdraw my 2o. any thoughts on this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Was it a Bank ATM or a ATM in a shop etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Was it a Bank ATM or a ATM in a shop etc

the one that didnt issue any money was a bank atm, bank of Ireland, in a shopping centre, it wasnt attached to the actual bank though.

but before that, it was the bank of ireland when I tried to take out 50 but it said insufficient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

flanree wrote: »

I just got linked to my own problem there!! haha.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Also had this happen Friday. Went to withdraw €100 from acc and was told insufficient funds (Was well enough in acc to allow the transaction) . Was a generic ATM in filling station. Drove to ATM at local BOI to get a balance statement printed. It confirmed there were funds but yet again would not let me withdraw.

Also to confirm I had no cheques lodged in past 3 weeks so its not an issue of a cheque being there but not being able draw against it.

Strange!!!!!

giggsirish wrote: »
    Also had this happen Friday. Went to withdraw €100 from acc and was told insufficient funds (Was well enough in acc to allow the transaction) . Was a generic ATM in filling station. Drove to ATM at local BOI to get a balance statement printed. It confirmed there were funds but yet again would not let me withdraw.

Also to confirm I had no cheques lodged in past 3 weeks so its not an issue of a cheque being there but not being able draw against it.

Strange!!!!!

It was your bank that had insufficient funds to return to you!
    Country is ****** don't ya know? :)

It was your bank that had insufficient funds to return to you!
    Country is ****** don't ya know? :)

Given the scenario I guess i'd have to agree. BOI has finally run out of cash

Strange!!!!!

did you get it resolved in the end or an explanation?

did you get it resolved in the end or an explanation?

I tried withdraw at 9pm Friday night then again at 10.15pm so was unable query with Bank but sure as hell will on Monday AM.

• Advertisement

I tried withdraw at 9pm Friday night then again at 10.15pm so was unable query with Bank but sure as hell will on Monday AM.

Kind of a relief Im not the only one, though I hope it gets resolved. though if its singled out to a number of accounts, then what feck up have they made so I wonder. lol

same thing happened a guy behind me, but when a girl went down to use a different machine, she got her cash and I didnt :O

• Registered Users Posts: 47 schoolhouse

did you use your lazer recently. if you did and the funds have not been taken by the shop, your balance may show you have E50.00 but E40.00 may be on hold for the lazer transactions, therefore your actual balance available to you is only E10.00.

Advertisement