Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Mountains lights?

Options
  • 23-10-2011 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

This might be the wrong thread, sorry if it is! And this is not a UFO post..

Right so here's the deal, I live by the mountains in south Dublin and from my bedroom window I can see the area of roughly the DSCPA, Hell Fire club etc area.
    Mid summer I noticed what I assume to be flames on the very top of the mountain near the hellfire club. The flame would roughly last a minute and then about another minute later a flame would start up again a few km to the left of it.

They seemed to in sync so I just thought of it as maybe some crazy Scouts thing or kids up in the hell fire club? But since then the flames keep occurring more frequently. I've used binoculars a few times to try check it out but it just looks like a massive fire although on some occasions it's more of a red-flare flame and just as it's about to burn out it shoots into the sky.

Has anyone else witnessed this? The curiosity is killing me and I need to know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

could it be a chinese lantern ive seen quite a few of them lately

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

dar926 wrote: »
    could it be a chinese lantern ive seen quite a few of them lately

I was considering that but the fact that they are constantly in the same place would be a bit unusual?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Could be something to do with the army training grounds?

Advertisement