Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA San Andreas not working

Options
  • 23-10-2011 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Ok so i downloaded the game from the on demand section on xbox live and once it finished downloading I selected "play game, then a game error popped up telling me "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again".
    So I downloaded it again and got the same error message again, so I asked a friend for a lend of his actually cd of the game, put it in and I'm still getting the same error with the cd. Anyone any ideas as to why this is happening or know of any solutions to get rid of the error message ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Try clearing the cache/save file?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Do you have enough memory for the game to download to? the game might not be fully downloaded (even though you've downloaded it twice) Or it might help if you recover your GT, that helped for me when i downloaded Halo CE a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

I've a 197gb free on my hard drive so memory isn't the problem. I haven't played the game on this console yet so there's no save game's to delete and do ya not have to start the game and at the opening credits press something to delete the cache ? Can't do that as the error pops up and the game won't run. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

keithkk16 wrote: »
    I've a 197gb free on my hard drive so memory isn't the problem. I haven't played the game on this console yet so there's no save game's to delete and do ya not have to start the game and at the opening credits press something to delete the cache ? Can't do that as the error pops up and the game won't run. :confused:

Not sure what the problem is. Works fine in my 360S :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Try clearing the 360's update cache.

The 360 loads up some special files that allow it to play classic games. My guess is that some of these files have become corrupt, causing San Andreas to become unplayable.

• Advertisement

To clear the cache you have go to system settings > memory > highlight the HDD > then press Y for device options > then select delete cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Where did you get the hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Phegasus

Many of the 360S Console Hard Drives do not contain the correct software required for BackCat gaming. In order to resolve this you need to re-install the System Update by going to the System Settings > Memory - Highlight the Hard Drive and press the button combination "LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X".

This will remove the current install, the Xbox's automatic response will be to re-download the updates. One the current install is removed, the console will restart and begin the re-downloads.

However this will not always resolve it, and failing the first step, the next is to have the HDD replaced by Microsoft.

Ah i give up lads I've tried everything use said. Every other game I have runs grand off the hard drive I've no idea why San Andreas won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

If you have an unofficial hard drive it won't play original xbox games as most of them don't have the partition required to do so.

• Advertisement

Ring MS, tell them everything you've done. They might refund you if it still doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

As above, unofficial hard drives would not work with backwards compatible games.

Pretty much the last step in this link : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971875 will tell you that

Ah yeah it is an unofficial hard drive but like the cd still doesn't work when I put that in, and I even copied the game from the 200gb hard drive over to the 4gb drive that's already installed in the xbox when ya first buy it and no luck. Do ya think it would work if I just took the hard drive out and played from the 4gb drive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

The 4GB drive is a flash drive rather than a hard drive, so that wouldn't work I am afraid. The reason it's not reading at all, is because the backwards patch can't be put on that hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Unofficial hard drive = no original Xbox games, sorry!

Advertisement