Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appartment application questions

Options
  • 23-10-2011 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi,

Applying to rent an apartment and there's a question on the application asking for our BSB and account number.
    I thought this was a bit odd or is this the norm?
    Salary is on there as well but i think thats common enough.
    I was going to put down a NAB account details that i dont use but can they do some kind of credit check or something from my details.

I dont particularly want to give them my main account details and i dont want to give them an unused account incase that goes against us!

I think there ligit and all but just a smaller rental company and focus on development.

http://www.morehuman.com.au/

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭blahblahblah.

usually its so they have it and they can set up the direct debit. But if you feel unsure don't fill it and see what they say back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Leave it blank and pay your rent manually every month. They just want your details for a direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Leave it blank and pay your rent manually every month. They just want your details for a direct debit.
    I'm sure the OP has no problem paying by DD if he gets the place, but is a bit concerned about giving this info at applicatio stage.

I'd leave it blank and incldue a note that you will provide bank details if sucessful.
    By the way, they don't need bank detail to do a credit check. and they can't do much with your bank details alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Yea thats it really because its the application stage i didnt want to give it. They also wanted date of birth, had my address and passport number. So really all someone needs to access your accounts. If its just sitting there in their files and i never get the apartment.

I gave them a NAB account that i opened for extra points for ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think you are being a bit paranoid.
    There is no way they could access your account with just that info. Passport number, DOB etc are just ways to identify you, not enough impersonate you.
    I don't like giving out unnessecery details either, but its just in the interest of privacy, not worried about money beign stolen.
    I'd be more concerned about paying my card in a newsagents

Advertisement