Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Websites to Sell Your Computer

Options
  • 23-10-2011 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Title is self explanatory really.
    Looking to sell my rig, I already post ads on adverts.ie but just wanted to know if theres anyother sites that I could use to place a ad free of charge that are decent?
    or would it just be wasting my time?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

You could try gumtree.ie as well, but adverts is pretty much the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Could throw up the details here with a link to your ad. I know Tea Bag started a thread the other week suggesting this would be a good idea. (cant find the thread of course). You would probably get more genuine clients passing through this way and it would only be linking to your add.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

not a bad idea but i thaught advertising on this site was against the rules, or am i actually mistaken?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We're in the process of sorting out something to cater for hardware sellers. As things stand, advertising and linking is perfectly fine. Advertising without links is not.

This isn't permission to spam the B&U forum with 'Foar salez check mah adverts.ie link' threads either. We'll try sort something out this week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Thanks Enderman. Sounds a bit more promising that Solitaires post earlier.
    Enderman wrote: »
    This isn't permission to spam the B&U forum with 'Foar salez check mah adverts.ie link' threads either.

You dont expect much from the forum's members.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

deejer wrote: »
    Thanks Enderman. Sounds a bit more promising that Solitaires post earlier.

Well Soli's post was primarily aimed for people asking to advertise their stuff without actually linking it to an external source. It'd be the best way personally but it will probably never happen unfortunately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Enderman wrote: »
    Well Soli's post was primarily aimed for people asking to advertise their stuff without actually linking it to an external source. It'd be the best way personally but it will probably never happen unfortunately.

Yeah, but I can understand why. Its fine if its known users who use it but the problems arise when you have people with 1 post spamming the place.

Simplest thing might be to only have posts like this:
    For Sale:
    €150 - Intel i5-2500k
    €25 - 8GB G-Skill RAM, 1600 CL9
    €80 - Sapphire HD 5770
    Or €230 for the lot.

www.adverts.ie/blah1
    www.gumtree.ie/blah1

Wanted:
    AM3+ Motherboard, any kind.

www.adverts.ie/blah2
    Have a no chat rule similar to the Bargain Alerts thread, so that all negotiation has to be done via adverts or whatever to please the powers that be. It also makes it easy on the eye and quick to look through to see if there's anything available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

so basicly i can start a thread to say i'm selling my comp, just as long as i have the adverts links up?

Advertisement