Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher - 17th Febuary O2 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Cannot wait for this.

Wonder will there be much changes to the set list from the Olympia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Cannot wait for this.

Wonder will there be much changes to the set list from the Olympia?

Probably wont be a huge difference in the setlist but with the orchestra and choir 'I wanna live in a dream' should be good and he'll probably do 'Whatever' and 'The Masterplan'

Either way it's gonna be epic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Got my ticket by email a while back... Can't wait!
    Just wondering what time it'll be finishing and if there's any good places to go after the gig. It's been a while since I've been in Dublin and I'm not to familiar with the good places to go - definitely don't want to go to a nightclub, more so somewhere with good rock music (had something similar to the old CBGBs in NY in mind but I don't think there's anywhere like that in Ireland?)
    Any help would be appreciated! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Just wondering what time it'll be finishing and if there's any good places to go after the gig. It's been a while since I've been in Dublin and I'm not to familiar with the good places to go - definitely don't want to go to a nightclub, more so somewhere with good rock music (had something similar to the old CBGBs in NY in mind but I don't think there's anywhere like that in Ireland?)
    Was at Primal Scream in December, few of us ended up going to "Sin É" afterwards - there was a great band playing music inside. No idea where in Dublin it was though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

See ye in Coppers. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Tickets back onsale for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

There's an aftershow on in the Grand Social.

http://www.tickets.ie/event.aspx/exclusive-noel-gallagher-aftershow-party-pravda-dublin-17-February-2012/6MU39

Decent music in there whenever I have been inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

niallo24 wrote: »
    There's an aftershow on in the Grand Social.

http://www.tickets.ie/event.aspx/exclusive-noel-gallagher-aftershow-party-pravda-dublin-17-February-2012/6MU39

Decent music in there whenever I have been inside.

His brother Paul is doing DJ

LarryMac wrote: »
    His brother Paul is doing DJ

Is he any use?

Also. Anyone know of Cashier No. 9? worth going up early to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

Is he any use?

Don't know... Our other halves got us tickets for it. Saves us wandering around town after gig wondering were to go.
    This is from a website:

DJ of high repute.. I travel wherever the crow flies and beyond, over land and sea and cobblestones. My selections are eclectic to say the least. Fun time guaranteed by all who have an inkling on music. Doorbells should be left attached to doors and not repeated for the deaf masses of today. if you like Northern Soul, Rock N Roll, Original Ska, Reggae, 2-tone and good grooves.. then this is your space.. if you like anything dull.. then I am not your man.[/I][/I]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Just got a call saying I had won two tickets for this gig through O2 treats. Nice surprise. Looking forward to it but not really sure what to expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Batesy wrote: »
    Probably wont be a huge difference in the setlist but with the orchestra and choir 'I wanna live in a dream' should be good and he'll probably do 'Whatever' and 'The Masterplan'

Either way it's gonna be epic!!

Hope he plays "Alone on a Rope". Heard it for the first time today and I think it's better than everything on the album, which I love by the way. It took me a couple of listens to get into it but what a fantastic tune. Even if he doesnt play it no doubt it will be a super gig but that would be the iceing on the cake for me anyway.

Not long to wait now either. To all who are going, see you there, and enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Good band - nominated for the Choice Music Prize this year. Well worth checking out.

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Good band - nominated for the Choice Music Prize this year. Well worth checking out.

Yeh checked them out after, they look good!

Really looking forward to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Been listening to NG all morning. Proper excited for next week! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Been listening to NG all morning. Proper excited for next week! :D

Ah it's good, yes it's good, it's good to be heading to Noely G!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

threein99 wrote: »
    Tickets back onsale for this
    Thanks a Million for your post..managed to get tickets but only getting to say thanks now!! Your a Legend:D
    ThunderCat wrote: »
    Hope he plays "Alone on a Rope". Heard it for the first time today and I think it's better than everything on the album, which I love by the way. It took me a couple of listens to get into it but what a fantastic tune. Even if he doesnt play it no doubt it will be a super gig but that would be the iceing on the cake for me anyway.
    Hadn't heard this before so had a look after your post ..what an awesome track..everyone needs to hear It!!..

Not long to wait now either. To all who are going, see you there, and enjoy!
    Gonna be the Gig of the Year..lookin forward to seeing the setlist from Manchester on Monday Night:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Been listening to, and loving, the 22 minute Falling Down "Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Mix" and it's definitely out there.

Will be very interesting to hear the upcoming extended LP remix by Amorphous Androgynous (yes I had to Google the spelling) of the High Flying Bird's album. No word on it's release as of yet though, I just remember Noel saying it was in the pipeline and that it was "far out".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Setlist should change tomorrow for the UK leg.

Hope it doesn't change too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

What's the craic with the o2?? Is there a pit? Worth showing up early to get a good spot up front??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Live4Ever wrote: »
    What's the craic with the o2?? Is there a pit? Worth showing up early to get a good spot up front??

No pit

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

So basically no point in turning up early, unless you want a spot on the barrier under Noel's nose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Any one know stage times ?

tickets back on sale....

Live4Ever wrote: »

No pit, but its pretty easy to get up front.

Just make sure you don't bring a bag or any extra weight and you'll be fine.

I made it to the front row for RHCP and I arrived about an hour before the support act came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

dario28 wrote: »
    Any one know stage times ?

I say it'll be Doors open at 6.30, Cashier No9 around 7.30 and Noel on around 8.45. Nothing official yet though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

417982_254530724621361_137619119645856_590034_664680725_n.jpg

Photo from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' soundcheck at the MEN Arena in Manchester. Follow the gig at Noel's official Twitter page here: https://www.twitter.com/NoelGallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Anyone hear the b-side to Dream On, "Shoot A Hole Into The Sky" yet?

• Advertisement

Anyone hear the b-side to Dream On, "Shoot A Hole Into The Sky" yet?

No but I'm looking for it, where can you find it?

Advertisement