Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher - 17th Febuary O2 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Anyone hear the b-side to Dream On, "Shoot A Hole Into The Sky" yet?
    its played before every gig, listen to it in the background
    dario28 wrote: »
    Any one know stage times ?
    Noel is on stage 9pm sharp

only change tonight in the setlist has been Whatever in for Wonderwall so expect the same for Thursday and Friday, he notoriously never changes the set

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I can't find it anywhere man. Just seen it on the NG Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

I can't find it anywhere man. Just seen it on the NG Twitter.
    you won't find a proper version of "Shoot a Hole Into the Sun" until March 12th when it's officially released until then you will have to make do with the bootlegged recordings of it from before the gigs when they play it as an intro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

At least Wonderwall is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Dotsey wrote: »
    its played before every gig, listen to it in the background

Noel is on stage 9pm sharp

What time should the gig be completely finished, 10:45?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

D-FENS wrote: »
    What time should the gig be completely finished, 10:45?

Last tweet from his twitter page last night was at 10.32pm so around then I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

nm wrote: »
    At least Wonderwall is gone

+1

What's wrong with Wonderwall?

What's wrong with Wonderwall?

IMO: the fact that it is the most overplayed song ever ruined it for me. Don't get me wrong its a quality tune but as George Harrison said in The Simpsons 'meh, it's been done.'

I always hear people say they love Oasis only to discover the only song they know is, you guessed it, Wonderwall.

Live4Ever wrote: »
    IMO: the fact that it is the most overplayed song ever coupled ruined it for me. Don't get me wrong its a quality tune but as George Harrison said in The Simpsons 'meh, it's been done.'

I always hear people say they love Oasis only to discover the only song they know is, you guessed it, Wonderwall.

Ahh, yeah I agree. I do like Noel's acoustic version of Wonderwall though.

Oh and also, I always get this: "Don't Look Back In Anger... That's Oasis??" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Really wish this was on the setlist

Ahh, yeah I agree. I do like Noel's acoustic version of Wonderwall though.

Oh and also, I always get this: "Don't Look Back In Anger... That's Oasis??" :rolleyes:

Obviously Wonderwall and DLBIA will get the biggest cheers / sing-a-longs as they're the only songs the 'we love oasis 4eva' muppets know.

The acoustic versions are cool.

Dunno if you were at the Olympia, but when Noel tried to sing these a little differently, let's just say the crowd (and there was a good few fair weather fans there, surprise surprise) drowned him out by singing the album version. Expect the same to happen on Friday.

D-FENS wrote: »
    Really wish this was on the setlist

Yeah, loving that tune!

Obviously Wonderwall and DLBIA will get the biggest cheers / sing-a-longs as they're the only songs the 'we love oasis 4eva' muppets know.

The acoustic versions are cool.

Dunno if you were at the Olympia, but when Noel tried to sing these a little differently, let's just say the crowd (and there was a good few fair weather fans there, surprise surprise) drowned him out by singing the album version. Expect the same to happen on Friday.

Nah, couldn't get tickets and wasn't in the country anyway! Is DLBIA on the setlist for The 02 actually?

I don't care what he plays. He could do a whole b-side show and I'd still love it :D

He could do a whole b-side show and I'd still love it :D

You'd still love it??

Why my good man, an NG gig of entirely b sides would be gig of the century!!!! Best b side band ever!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I don't care what he plays. He could do a whole b-side show and I'd still love it :D

An entire B-side show would be a mega.

I don't think a bad NG gig would be possible. At a push maybe if he played a gig of only covers, thats mainly because Noel's my 4th favourite songwriter and I like him playing his own songs. Even if that happened we all know he would cover good songs, not crap songs as other acts do on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

im surprised at anybody who is surprised that there wasn't a major shake up in the setlist

im surprised at anybody who is surprised that there wasn't a major shake up in the setlist

Its hardly a shock, most of the previous Oasis setlists stayed more or less similar for the entire tour.

On the subject of Wonderwall I'm kinda happy its gone, but I would like to hear it at Croke Park. Might be interesting to see how that goes down with RHCP fans:D.

You'd still love it??

Why my good man, an NG gig of entirely b sides would be gig of the century!!!! Best b side band ever!! :)
    karaokeman wrote: »
    An entire B-side show would be a mega.

I don't think a bad NG gig would be possible. At a push maybe if he played a gig of only covers, thats mainly because Noel's my 4th favourite songwriter and I like him playing his own songs. Even if that happened we all know he would cover good songs, not crap songs as other acts do on tour.

Ah yeah, I know! I just meant like, compared to the HFB's stuff that we've been waiting to hear!

I'm so excited it's ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Noel confirmed for the Late Late this Friday after the gig
    The Late Late Show @RTELateLateShow
    Noel Gallagher confirmed for Friday's #latelate... Don't miss it!
    #neveranygoodguests ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Whatever from last night, plus choir!

Noel confirmed for the Late Late this Friday after the gig

Any idea what time he's on?

I'd love to see it but it'll take me half an hour at least to get home from the O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Any idea what time he's on?

No idea squire. Will be repeated Monday night and should be on the rte player.

Sky+ lads :)

Also, y'know them blog thingys that Noel does? Tales from the middle of nowhere or something. Why does he sign them off as "GD" all the time?

GoD? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Sky+ lads :)

Also, y'know them blog thingys that Noel does? Tales from the middle of nowhere or something. Why does he sign them off as "GD" all the time?

GoD? :p

The first time he wrote a blog he was explaining how he was messing around with some random name generator and it gave him the name "General Dread", that's where "GD" comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Cant wait now, 'Whatever' with the choir and orchestra is gonna be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Is anyone heading to the after party? Should be a bit of craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Delighted he added in Whatever - one of my all time faves but getting rid of Wonderwall? That would've been fine in the theaters which would be mainly die hard fans but this is a big arena tour and the vast majority will want to hear Wonderwall above most songs. I'm not one of them as I've heard it live loads of times but I think it's the wrong decision to not play the likes of Wonderwall and The Masterplan, yet play fillers like Mucky Fingers. I don't get why he is replacing tracks, when he should be adding a couple to the setlists from the theaters since this is an arenas tour , therfor should be 2 hours. I also reckon he should open with a new track such as Everybody On The Run instead of It's Good To Be Free. The entire encore consists of Oasis songs so is there really a need to open with one too?

Great that he is on the LLS after. Will have to Sky+ it as I doubt I'll be back in time. Hopefully he does an interview as he is always hilarious and witty in interview, no matter how bloody woeful the interviewer is (and few are worse than Tubs let's be honest).

SB-08 wrote: »
    Delighted he added in Whatever - one of my all time faves but getting rid of Wonderwall? That would've been fine in the theaters which would be mainly die hard fans but this is a big arena tour and the vast majority will want to hear Wonderwall above most songs.

I'm indifferent about Wonderwall.

I wouldn't complain had Noel kept it on the setlist, I do like his acoustic version by the way and that would add to the excitement.

You have to remember too, this isn't the first time it has happened. Oasis didn't play it at every show on the Heathen Chemistry tour and the setlist for that tour was considered by many fans to be one of Oasis' best.

With regards the encore, I much prefer it being only Oasis songs. Its usually that part of a show where you think you've missed out on hearing a lot of the classics but then the band returns to put them on. Same with Coldplay at Oxegen, they played Clocks, Fix You and ETIAW following a set of mainly filler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I'm indifferent about Wonderwall.

I wouldn't complain had Noel kept it on the setlist, I do like his acoustic version by the way and that would add to the excitement.

You have to remember too, this isn't the first time it has happened. Oasis didn't play it at every show on the Heathen Chemistry tour and the setlist for that tour was considered by many fans to be one of Oasis' best.

With regards the encore, I much prefer it being only Oasis songs. Its usually that part of a show where you think you've missed out on hearing a lot of the classics but then the band returns to put them on. Same with Coldplay at Oxegen, they played Clocks, Fix You and ETIAW following a set of mainly filler.

I saw them play at Witnness during the Heathen Chemistry tour, I was gutted that they dropped D'You Know What I Mean after playing it the week before at Finsbury. It was a stellar set list though, The Noel-performed She's Electric was a treat, as was Columbia.

I'm also indifferent about Wonderwall, heard it so many times now I'm not bothered if they play it or not. Still, IMO the best version they've done in concert was the semi-acoustic version played on their last tour. The seemed to just get it right, not too heavy and not too light.

Advertisement